Skip to main content

Hedwig the Halloween Witch: Day 20 of 31 Days of Halloween

Greetings! I love to color. Not necessarily for a project, but just for the joy of coloring. So very often, I wind up with images that don't necessarily get put on to a project for months....just because I felt like coloring. Does this happen to you too? Today is an example of this. I give you....Hedwig the Halloween Witch from Rick St. Dennis.

I had colored her with alcohol inks in a color combo that I love. I added some patterned papers...though the turquoise was plain.

I used Dreamweaver Stencils' Spider Web. I put some alcohol ink on a felt pad (Cornflower Blue Archival Ink from Ranger to be exact), and applied it directly to the stencil. Then I flipped my once-plain cardstock on to the stencil, and voila! Spider web on paper.

Thanks for checking out my latest make. Hope you like her! Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Have a spook-tacular day!

Comments

TangledBlueRose said…
Gorgeous card and love the coloring! The spider web came out so cool!
~kim
valscraftings said…
Such a fancy witch love the colours! Great spider web!
My Side of Oz said…
Hedwig is awesomely colored! And the layering is so wonderful and love the purple corner holder thingies!lol
DonnaMundinger said…
Certainly gorgeous coloring! I never just color. Wish I had the time but I'm always on some deadline for a project. Love how you've pieced the background together. Beautiful work! xxD
Unknown said…
Beautiful coloring and I love the way you've used the spiderweb stencil--a great technique I'm gonna have to try!
Great Card. Love the patterns and colors.
Oooooo I just love how you've coloured her! I chose her for winning a RSD scavenger hunt prize and I can't wait to colour her too just for the fun of it ;0)
Christine Kiehl said…
Love this super busy image! You did a great job coloring her too!
Susan Renshaw said…
Gorgeous colouring of Hedwig the Halloween Witch! Love the cobweb!
Laura S Reading said…
Hedwig never looked so good!
I like the sort of crazy quilt looking background of various papers.
Unknown said…
great Use of photo tabs and the background layout works wonderfully.
Julia said…
Gorgeous colouring of Hedwig the Halloween Witch! Love the background papers.
Steph said…
She's fabulous! Love the colors and the background papers you've used. And the spider web stencil rocks.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...