Skip to main content

Toile and a Kitty: Day 6 of the 31 Days of Halloween

Hello! It's time for Day 6 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween! Today I have a card that came together pretty quickly. I started off with a Tim Holtz cat stamp that I got in my prize pack from last year's 31 Days. Then, I found a cool stamp I had forgotten about. A toile stamp that has been creepified. So there's witches, skulls, tombstones. I tell ya, if I found this in fabric form, I would totally be making some new curtains! Or a skirt...or something.

If you click on the photo to see it bigger, you'll see all of the little details. This stamp is from Recollections, which is Michaels' brand.

My background paper is from K & Company, I love the leaves on it. My sentiment is from Tiddly Inks. 

I almost forgot about my washi tape! Also from Recollections. Love those crows. I hope you've liked my piece for today. I hope to have some non paper crafts up soon. If time allows it! Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed on my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

maureenjscott said…
Fabulous card Alison! I love the papers with your image! And I spotted the crow tape - that's fantastic! love it! x
My Side of Oz said…
That fabric is fabulous! And what you did with it more fabulous! This is an awesome project!
Anonymous said…
Hi Love the spooky cat he looks really mean.. Love those papers to.

Hugs Erin xx
Really loving your project. Great fabric.. it was worth having a close up look. Fantastic cat image.
Unknown said…
Great card! I love the toile, and if it were fabric I'd have to have some of too! That cat stamp is pretty cool, as well--very 3D.
Laura S Reading said…
I know you have aleady thought about stamping it onto fabric. Maybe to make an accent pocket or a bandana...

How did you get the edges to look curled or frayed?
I am trying to see if you added something or if that is the paper itself.
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabulous card, Alison! I sooo covet that Halloween toile stamp. Cool washi, too. xxD
Unknown said…
Such a great cat. Full of piss and vinegar. Interesting layout. Itworks wonderfully
Alison said…
Great question, and I'm sorry I didn't mention it in my post. I used a distressing tool from Heidi Swapp to get that edge. It's basically a disc with a small triangle cut out that has a teeny piece of a razor in it. I think Tonic has one too. It's reminiscent of a thread cutter.
TangledBlueRose said…
Gosh this is an awesome card! Love that Halloween toile stamp! It really does look like fabric! Gorgeous! Such rich detail, love it!~kim
valscraftings said…
Wonderful card and kitty...love the fabric!
Pam Hornschu said…
Oooh, really love this one!
This card came together boo-tifully. Love the backgrounds.
Christine Kiehl said…
What a delightful card crafted with some very COOLIO stamps! Love the cat and the Halloween Tolle stamp! A real pair of goodies and to think that you won the TH cat! Lucky!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love it! lots of interesting details to look at!
Totally wicked cool! Love the toile and the way you paired it with the card and scarey kitty!
Julia said…
Fab card, those stamps are gorgeous.
Steph said…
Wonderful card! That toile stamp rocks and I haven't seen the washi tape with crows on it before, way cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...