Skip to main content

Happy Halloween: Day 28 of 31 Days of Halloween

Hello there!I have a fun card to share with you today using the Aurora Wings image, "Happy Halloween."

I colored this cutie with a combo of alcohol markers and watercolor markers. I made it for the Aurora Wings challenge of creating a project using Halloween colors.

He's got quite a lot of candy in that Jack O Lantern! I used some fun papers from DCWV and Core'dinations. My 2 oval Long Oval Nesting Dies are from Dreamweaver Stencils. I also used some orange Stickles to add a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for checking out my project today! Please be sure to visit the ret of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

TangledBlueRose said…
Love your coloring and the layers are so wonderful. His costume looks so soft and comfy! And he did well, quite a candy stash!~kim
DonnaMundinger said…
FAbulous coloring on this cute, Alison! Love your layout and combo of DP's too.
xxD
My Side of Oz said…
Love the bling and the little cutie who scored so big with her full pumpkin! Beautiful Halloween colors!!
Laura S Reading said…
I have not seen this image before.
You have finished it off to puurfection.
Really love your choice of patterns and colors, especially the purple studded mirror!
Cute card. Love this image. You did a wonderful job coloring.
Unknown said…
the coloring on the pumpkin is so fun and I love all of the candy inside of it. to adorable.
Unknown said…
Oh, he is just too cute! Love your coloring on this one and the addition of the oval makes it just perfect.
Susan Renshaw said…
Cute!! The image is adorable! Love the colour choices too!
Aaaaaawwwwwhhhh isn't she/he the cutest thing ever, I just want to love it and squeeze it and cuddle it.
ADORBS!
Julia said…
Beautiful and sweet card! Great coloring and that background paper is gorgeous.
Steph said…
Sweet card! Love the colors and patterns and that image is so cute!
Great coloring on this image, Alison!! I love the pretty DPs on the background, too. Fun, colorful, and fab!! <3

Mitzi xxx
Christine Kiehl said…
I agree with everyone else in that this is a darling image and you di a great job coloring it to look soft and warm! The pumpkin is perfect!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...