Skip to main content

Kitchen Witch: Day 7 of 31 Days of Halloween

Hello my fellow Halloween Fanatics! I have a less-creepy project today, but I feel it's just right for Halloween and it's roots.


This looks complicated, but I promise you, it's not. I started off with the Apron Die from Dreamweaver Stencils. I chose 5 coordinating papers (from DCWV) and cut the apron out 5 times. I also have the Apron stencil, so I applied it directly to my paper with ink, so that when I laid out my freshly cut pieces, they would be placed properly.

This photo shows the process. I played around with which pieces I wanted where, and then I ran them through my little "X" sticker maker from Xyron. This worked out really well because some of those pieces are teeny. But inking the image, and using the "X" made getting these pieces in the correct spots a snap!

I'd like to point out that the stencil and die are the exact same size, so fitting the pieces on top of each other were not a problem at all.

My paper already had the candy at the bottom, and I added some more with my candy corn stamp from Inkadinkado. My sentiment was done with a little font set that I've had for ages. I really wish I had a pentagram stamp or 2 though. Does anyone have any? Where can I get some? I think that would have been really perfect on this card. I am playing with the idea of making a darker version of this, with a cauldron. What do you think? Thanks for all the great feedback I've been getting so far! Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping  by. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

I am loving today's project... I agree about kitchen witches...
DonnaMundinger said…
This is sooo stinkin' CUTE! I want it for my kitchen..or perhaps a darker version? (great idea!) Brilliant using the mask for placement. Love this, Alison! xxD
maureenjscott said…
Oh fab! I love the dress - great idea to have die and stencil - fabulous finished card! x
Unknown said…
This is WONDERFUL! Everything about your card is perfect! I would hesitate to add anything else, but you could make another version with pentagrams and a cauldron. (A little series, as it were!)
My Side of Oz said…
I love aprons and this one is full of work that makes it super! Gotta pull out my X now everthing is laying down so nicely! This is a great project!
Christine Kiehl said…
What a cool idea for those peeps who like things on the more cute side!! And thank you for the How to also!
TangledBlueRose said…
Awesome project!Love the 50's feel. And yes! Dark version please:)
The sticker machine sounds really cool! May have to check it out too >.<
~kim
Wonderful project. great use of the stencil.
Laura S Reading said…
I bet you could make 5 different variations of this card at one sitting!

Love the thought and effort and creativity you put into this.

She seems to be crafting up an invisibility spell.
Unknown said…
I really l like the falling candy canes and the candy at the bottomsuper cute card
Susan Renshaw said…
Brilliant paper piecing! A dark version would be super too!
What a fun card you made, love all the separate paper elements you chose to create your overall apron! Freaky fab!
KC said…
this is so stinkin cute! I love it!
Julia said…
I think you had lots of fun putting this together. Looks amazing!
Steph said…
So cute, what a great idea. I would love to see a darker version :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...