Seriously, don't the roses in her hair go perfectly with the stencil? I started off by coloring Mi Amor with my watercolor markers. Then, I added the rose background with chalk in 4 colors. Here's a closer look.
The colors match much better in real life. For some reason (I have complained about this before), my camera, no matter the setting/lighting, doesn't photograph purples properly. I can never capture them right. They always look too blue.
Here's another shot of those soft, pretty roses in the background. I sprayed them with a fixative after I finished chalking them. Next, I used some Pumice Distress Ink to dull down the color (specially the harsh white I started off with!), and then I topped it off with a couple of purples from Color Box.I did the same to the card itself.
After I added some cool green paper, my sentiment and a few pink pearls, I decided this baby was done. There's still some time left if you would like to play along with Dreamweaver Stencils. I can't wait to see what next month's challenge is! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!