Skip to main content

Adorable Rhiannon

Ooh, I am so excited! I made a scrapbook page! It's been forever since I have had a chance to scrap, and the bug has officially bitten me again. Not that I don't always have the "itch," but now I really wanna play with my thousands of photos! I used one of my all time favorite photos of Rhiannon, the photo was taken in September of 2009, when she was almost 9 months old. And she's wearing one of my most favorite shirts that she's ever had.

Look at that face!!! It's that little smile that makes every little tantrum, late night, and unfinished dinners worth it. This little smile makes my heart melt. My 12x12 layout has a lot of fun little details. I had such a good time getting inky. It's been far too long...

See that pretty border? I made it using Clear Snap's Design Adhesive and glitter. The pretty Design Adhesive goes on like a dream...then you just shake on your glitter and voila! Easy as 1-2-3! I love this stuff! I also broke out my beloved Crafter's Workshop Mini Punchinella stencil and Dusty Plum ink (also from Clear Snap/Colorbox) and went to town. My edges are inked, distressed and stapled. And even though there is a ton of pink...I managed to get in some fabulous black glitter cardstock (Martha Stewart), so I kept the page very Alison.

Here's a close up of some of my details. Pretty stuff, right?

The title is from Tattered Angles and Heidi Swapp. I brushed on some Glimmer Mist because every single one of my mists that coordinated with this page are clogged! I am a bit miffed about this. But, I kept it quite brushy on the title, so at least you can see some of the original color.
Please feel free to click on any of the photos to see it bigger. You'll see more of the embellishments I've used! Hopefully, I will get to scrapbook a bit more soon. Like, within a week rather than within the next 6 months. Fingers crossed! I really need to fill up my albums! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jenn Borjeson said…
She is too cute for words and your LO is awesome, Alison! :) xo
Laura B said…
What a beautiful page! I love all of your details. I especially liked that you used staples on such a pretty page.:) And your little sweetie is just as cute as she can be!
Kathi said…
She's adorable. Great photo. I also love the use of the Punchinella stencils and the way you layered the paper strips.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...