Skip to main content

Verity Vamp and Boris the Bat: SBS Blog Hop!

It's Friday during the week of a Simply B Stamps release, so that means it's blog hop day! Although we released the new Spunky Spooks collection a wee bit earlier than usual, we certainly didn't want to pass up the chance for a fun hop.
Today, we are sharing Verity Vamp and Boris the Bat. Love her! She's a vamp...of course I love her! She is my second favorite of this collection...shocking, I know! But Marcy comes out on top with this one. Did you see her? Check out my previous post for a card I made with her, and her pet scorpion Moses if you missed it.

She's fabulous! I love her outfit! Especially that hat! I have a thing for using purple and red together, so that was the obvious choice for me when I started to color this image in.

I used mostly watercolor markers for this, but with a few Copics thrown into the mix. My sentiment is also from SBS, and it's from the Wickidz senti collection. You've gotta snag those sentiments!

I used my Drippy Goo Martha Stewart punch, natch, and some fab-u-ous taffeta-looking cardstock. See how the black shimmers? I hope you have enjoyed this hop! And not only that, but this entire release of Spunky Spooks! Here is the entire hop list, so that you don't miss a thing.


Barbara
Cyndi
Lelia
Suzi
Trudie

SBS Blog again


Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

like what you created..great colours and a totally fun card...
Arts by Sara said…
Wow... This is absolutely gorgeous Alison! I love your coloring and the drippy goo punch! Hugs!
Jenn Borjeson said…
Fabulous, and one of my fave color combos! :)
Gorgeous Alison. Love the colors and WANT those boots!!!!
Bonnie said…
Terrific card, love the color combo. Can't decide if Verity or Marcy is my favorite
Star said…
Oh so awesome! Love the drippy goo!! Perfect coloring. =D
Trudie said…
Loving the drippy look! Fabulous card and it just goes to show how great minds think alike with the sentiment!! xxx
vixen said…
Gorgeous card love the blood dripping boarder at the top and the colouring is amazing. Thanks for sharing :)
Melissa said…
Love what you did with her! Your coloring is awesome!
Olivia said…
Great job. That color combo looks great. Olivia
Unknown said…
Love this! The punch is fantastic. Perfect for this image + sentiment!
Kathy said…
Love your card! Red and purple look perfect on her! Great job on all of the new releases!
Scrap Vamp said…
So cool! Love the card! I have that punch and never use; must take it out to play with it!
Lelia Pierce said…
I love the goo border and the color choices! :O)

XXX
The dripping blood is perfect and that sentiment is too funny with this image - great sense of humor! Love your coloring too - gorgeous! *Hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...