Skip to main content

Skull Pendant & Teen Scene Christmas Release Day! Day 14 of 31 Days of Halloween

Hello guys and ghouls! It’s Day 14 of the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween! And  I made another pendant to share with you today. Fridays are officially “Smeared Ink Days” for the 31 Days…where you are challenged to only use Smeared Ink stamps. I did it last week and I’m doing it again this week.

This pendant was made the same way as the heart one I showed yesterday. Translucent clay, baked, and colored with alcohol inks. If you don’t recognize this skull, it’s also from the Quoth the Raven set, as was the heart.

Check out how well all the detail shows on the clay. The next pic has the flash on, but it’s more in focus…

The macro setting on my camera just doesn’t work too well in lower light conditions. I think I’ll be making more of this guy for my Etsy shop too! And now it’s time for some Christmas!

This is Betty as Sally! How pretty she is!  I must say, I am very happy with her hair. I don’t normally do red hair, but Sally had to have red!

I love her little batty friend too! He’s the cutest! I used a wacky mess of papers for this card, to mimic her patchwork dress.

And now I have Christian  trying to woo Sally!

What a cute couple!  Again, I used an unusual combination of papers for this one….and I had to get some stripes in there!

I used my watercolor markers on both of the images. Sally’s hair is better in the first card though…

I added the “Got Mistletoe?”  (from Inkadinkado) because I thought it was perfect for this card. And I used some leftover spider web boarder punch that I made with mirrored paper.

There is one other image that is being released today, but I will be showing that off to you tomorrow. You can see it over at the Simply Betty Stamps Blog though. Be sure to hop over to the rest of the SBS DT and the Wicked Bloggers. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spook-tacular day!

Comments

Wow- the pendant is amazing! Fabulous, fabulous!

Love Betty both alone and especially with Christian! This release is AWESOME!!!!!!
sammi said…
Great card, Alison! I can always count on you to come up with some funky color combos! Love your skull pendant, too!
ike said…
Totally awesome pendant - brilliant !! The cards are super. I love the papers you used to reflect her dress -gorgeous :-)
Unknown said…
The pendant is awesome. Love the cards
Luv Jane xxx
Susan said…
I am loving this translucent clay...I need to know about it! ARRRRGH! LOL
Great project and the 2 cards are Fabulous as usual!
Hugs,
Susan
DonnaMundinger said…
The pendant is so awesome! Yeah, I think more are in order. Love the little SBS guys too. FAbulous coloring and I love the wacky combination of papers! xxD
Sugar said…
I love that pendant! I want one!!!!!!
I love your cards too.. but the pendant is my fav
Monique's art said…
love the pendant, it's awesome
Sharon Sahl said…
Love the SBS new release guy and gal and you are doing such a wonderful job with the Sculpey translucent! I think it's one of the nicest translucent polymer clays. Your pendant is cool!!
Alison... I love this skellie pendant!!! You are amazing and your cards are awesome!!! Wonderful creations all the way around and I LOVE, LOVE Sally's hair!!!! See you tomorrow!!!
KristyLee said…
Very cute card! And I so love your skull jewelry! I think it's stunning and I would ware that and the heart one you made for yesterday. Love them!
Peace,
KristyLee
KC said…
your necklace is awesome!
Sally is so pretty! I love the way you colored her!! and I love your paper combo on the jack and sally card! so smart!
Steph said…
Wow, the pendant is so cool. I am so going to stalk your etsy shop now.

Lovin' the new SBS images. You've done a wonderful job with them, Betty/Sally's dress is amazing. Love the shiny web you've added too.
Scrap Vamp said…
Very cool and unique pendant and your teen scene cards are adorable!
Kathi said…
Look at you with all those fabulous cards. They're all wonderful.
LOL I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet! but I love your Christmas cards and your pendant is FAB!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...