Skip to main content

Day 17 of 31 Days and Day 1 of 12 Days???

Yup, you read that title right! I am about to get super confused! I hope that you don’t. Ok. So, as you know I am doing the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. Well, Simply Betty Stamps is starting the 12 Days of Halloween today! I’ll be honest, I don’t think I will be able to do all 12 Days for SBS, but I am doing a bunch. You can get all of the deets on the SBS “Days of” on the SBS Blog.

The S&S 31 Days doesn’t require specific projects, but the SBS 12 Days does. Here’s today’s challenge.

On the first day of Halloween

My true love gave to me

An owl in a rotten oak tree

Not too bad, right? They will get tougher! But here’s what I made for today. See if you can spot the SBS image.

This entire card was made by using Distress Inks…except for that sweet little kitty! And that, my friends, is the SBS image! That little cutie comes with Witchy Wednesday, so if you like the cat, be sure to snag that stamp!

This was a fun card, because I got nice and inky. I stamped the owl first, then the tree, then I started to smudge all of the background colors. Adding the kitty last, which was cut out from a separate piece of paper.

I hope you will try to play along with the Simply Betty Stamps 12 Days of Halloween. And I hope that you will hop along to the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, listed in my sidebar. Thank you for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

creepiecute-cropped 17

Comments

ike said…
Love the colours of the background on this one and such a sweeeeeeet lil' kitty. Awesome tree stamp. :-) xxxx
KristyLee said…
Awesome card, love all the distressing you have done to it! Yes, love that cute kitty, and that cool looking owl too! Great job!
Peace,
KristyLee
Sugar said…
you are great at the inking girl! love this.. cuuute kitteh!
Wow... Alison... You are amazing!! This is an awesome card for starters... I don't think I will be able to do all of SBS 12 days of Halloween; but I think I would like to play along with some of them!?! See you tomorrow!!
Laura B said…
Love your card! That tree looks awesome!:)
Monique's art said…
awesome love the tree stamp great card
DonnaMundinger said…
Awww, sweet kitty! Love the rest of the fabulous card too! xxD
Susan said…
Terrific tree!!! great project, and glad to see the owl and the pussy cat aren't fighting :)
Hugs,
Susan
Unknown said…
Love your card the tree looks fantastic the kitty is cute
Luv Jane xxx
Kathi said…
Wonderful autumn colors and a very cute kitty!
Sharon Sahl said…
I may need a refresher in Distress Inks as I saw all of the discussion today - haven't used them much but you all seem addicted and this card shows me why. Just lovely colors and technique!
Steph said…
Great card, love that background yo've created. That kitty better watch out for that owl.
Scrap Vamp said…
Beautiful card! Love the tree and owl! The kitty is such a cute touch!
DK Spins said…
Such a cute card, love the colors of the background. Love it!
Rebecca said…
this is beyond fab! love the kitty :-) and that owl! And the tree :-) okay - its offical, I love the whole thing!
Gorgeous colours Alison! and great stamps.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...