Skip to main content

Coquettes Release Day, Plus Day 25 of 31 Days and SBS Day 8 of 12 Days

It’s release day for the new Coquettes collection from Simply Betty Stamps! Have I mentioned that I came up with the name of this collection? ;) Today I will be showing you 2 of the last 3 images. Time has just completely escaped, so I only got to 2. The first is Lulu.

Lulu-1

I had colored her a while back, then I had gotten the  Ltd. Ed. Distress Inks from Kelli, and she coordinated so well! I sponged the inks on and then sprayed it all down with some water, to let the colors bleed a bit. Then I inked on the webbing and title (Basic grey) with StazOn. I added the pretty glitter, and of course Lulu.

lulu-2

I colored her with my watercolor markers. I love the shape of her eyes…

And now I have Priscilla to show you. For this card, I went along with the SBS 12 Days of Halloween. Today’s challenge is “9 Ghosts a Booing.”

I must say, I love how I colored Priscilla. The colors blended so well, the shading was just right, and I think I have an interesting color combo. Do you see my ghosties in the background? I don’t think Priscilla does…

My hair was this color once. I loved it. :) I’ll do it again someday…

There you have it! Another great release from Simply Betty Stamps! And, more projects for the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween! Be sure to visit the SBS Blog for more eye candy, as well as the rest of the fabulous Wicked Bloggers, listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spook-tacular day!

Comments

richardbreaks said…
Your coloring is really wonderful!
Scrappychick said…
wicked cool cards and I ma loving the distress bg on the first one!
Both are wonderful. Love the background ghosties, and the distress inks all together, YUM!!!
Laura B said…
Love, love, love the distress ink background! And the coloring on both is awesome!:)
I love how both of your cards turned out!!! Your coloring on the second is perfect... it feels like I am looking a masterpiece painting!!! Way To Go You!!!!!
Monique's art said…
beautiful colouring,love the cards
Unknown said…
Lovely cards great colouring
luv Jane xxx
Susan said…
lovely creations, whose ghost stamp is that?
Susan
DonnaMundinger said…
OMG!!! Precious! and congrats on giving them the perfect name for the collection. Both of these are too stinkin' cute! xxD
KristyLee said…
Alison,
Great cards! For real!!!! Love both images, The hat on the 2nd one is so cool! I love the BG on the 1st card, Man can you colour!!!! Awesome girly! LOVE it!
Peace,
KristyLee
Sharon Sahl said…
Your coloring on both of these cards is impeccable and both have beautiful color schemes! The background on the first is just beyond great the way the colors flow into each other.
Steph said…
What darling new images. I love the way you've colored them, beautiful. I really really really like that distressed background, how wonderful those colors are!
ike said…
Such cute little images and you colour them so divinely. Great background on that top one :-) xxxx
LOVE the colours, your colouring and love the name you chose too. Awesome stuff. x
Alison the background on your Lulu card is Stunning!!! but I think out of the two, the Priscilla image is my fav. Your colouring (as always) is amazing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...