Skip to main content

Can You Blush? BtBD & Day 18 of 31 Days

I’ve got another bookmark to share with you today. It corresponds with the newest Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls Challenge, as well as the Smeared and Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. This week’s BtBD Challenge is the works of Guillermo del Toro. He “has a habit of creating wonderfully dark films, which contain great storylines, and wonderful imagery.  Most famous for Pan's Labyrinth, he has Directed and Produced films as diverse as Hellboy, Blade II, and Kung Fu Panda 2.” The challenge is to create a project inspired by any of Guillermo's work.

I was inspired by Blade 2 (it’s vampires! Of course I’m inspired by them!), and I chose to break out Smeared Ink’s Glam Vamps.

I also used the large splatter from the Smeared Ink Inky Dreams set. I also broke out the same wood grain I used on my last bookmark, and I used my type face alpha stamps for the sentiment…which is a line from Blade 2.

The Glam Vamp has been colored with my watercolor markers. I made her nice and girly…but she’s got a bit of an evil streak it seems with that line…

It was a pretty simple project. But simple is good, right? I do enjoy making bookmarks! Please be sure to stop by Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls to see what the rest of the DT has created for your viewing pleasure. And of course, check out the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spook-tacular day!

Comments

Sugar said…
awesome girl! Love the pink of course! great bookmark!
KristyLee said…
Alison,
Cool looking coffin shaped, tag/ bookmark! Love the splatter!
Great job!
Peace,
KristyLee
ike said…
Oooh - that is lovely. Gorgeous shade of pink and fabulous idea with a coffin shape :-) xxxx
Laura B said…
Awesome bookmark! I'm going to have to make some coffin shaped ones now.;)
Unknown said…
Lovely bookmark l love the shape you used
Luv Jane xxx
Sharon Sahl said…
Love the blood spatters on your coffin bookmark and the pink is super! I might want to use this bookmark for my daytime reading.
Susan said…
Love it! great colors :)
Susan
Love bookmarks too and this is a doozey. Love the coffin shape and the stamping.
Steph said…
Love the pink! Your bookmark is awesome and your coloring superb!
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabulous tag! the shape is perfect and the background is awesome for that gorgeous gal. xxD
Scrap Vamp said…
Gorgeous! I love the shape of the tag and all the stamping! The vamp looks amazing!
Oh I love your book mark!!! It looks so cool!! Your fibers are awesome!!! She looks so good in pink and I love how you did her hair!!!!
Fab bookmark! great image, love the splatter :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...