Skip to main content

Sugar Skulls Pendant

Greetings! Today I share with you a pendant. Not a card! A pendant! As many of you know, I am a jewelry maker first and foremost. Hell, I have a degree in it! Paper crafting is secondary…so that gives you an idea about how passionate I am for jewelry! Sadly, it takes me a bit longer sometimes to make personal adornments…for a few reasons…one of which is that my paper crafting stuff is always “out.” Exposed paper trays and markers are easier to get to then 15 bead boxes that are stuck behind my craft room door, or my silversmithing workshop that is currently housing my mom’s Halloween stuff (don’t even get me started!). So, paper stuff gets made way more. But huzzah! I used chipboard for my pendant! A paper crafting supply! :)



I recently acquired the Sugar Skulls stamp set from none other than Bombshell Stamps. But all I’ve had a chance to do was ink up Phoenix and Rhiannon with skulls and flowers on their hand. Their request. Guess who asked for the skulls and who asked for the flowers? Rhiannon wanted the skulls! Go fig! Anywho…I had this bleached chipboard oval from Technique Tuesday, and I thought the border would be perfect on it. So I stamped it with Staz-On, and colored it in with Distress Inks. But I needed to utilize both sides! So, I used some of the other skulls in the set (stamped out with my little girl’s help!).




Again, stamped with Staz-On and colored with Distress Inks. I guess I’m on kind of a Distress Ink kick huh? Didja see my post yesterday?



See the bit o’ sheen? That’s actually a whole mess of layers of Amazing Glaze by Judikins. Now it looks like ceramic, but ways a whole lot less! You really can’t tell unless you feel the weight of it, that it’s chipboard.




Super shiny! I love how this turned out. I added only a few beads, but they have quite a presence that works really well with the size of the pendant. It’s 2 1/2” long. I will most definitely be making more of these! And, I may just add some to my Etsy shop. What do you think???


Tomorrow is not only a new StampInsanity Challenge (in which I use…you guessed it! Distress Inks!), but also the latest Smeared & Smudged Member Blog Hop. So please visit me again tomorrow. Have an inspiring day!!!


Challenges:


Creative Craft Challenges: Embossing


Flourishes: Flowers


Sweet Stamps: For the Ladies (Well it is a necklace!)


Incy Wincy Designs: Flower Frenzy


Make it Monday: Anything Goes


Crafty Calendar: April Flowers Shall Bring Forth Flowers

Comments

Cindy Haffner said…
Alison you are so CREATIVE!!~
Suzi McKenzie said…
Absolutely stunning, I love it :)
Suzi
xxx
Carol W. said…
Stunning necklace, love it. Looking forward to tomorrow! TFS
Kathi said…
Wow. That's totally fantastic. I love that it's two sided and that the sides are different. Gorgeous!!!

If I were you, I don't know if I could part with it on Etsy...

Off to go research Judikins Glaze!!!
Erica said…
This is amazing! Beautiful work friend! Hugs!!!!
Dawnll said…
Totally amazing! Love that you made a necklace- I would love to wear this- it is so fun.
Would love to hear the Halloween decoration story-lol
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Thanks for joining us.
Micki said…
OMG, I'm soooooo CASEING this. lOVe it.
cheryl said…
oh this is just stunning what an amazing design,just love it,bless you for playing at CCC hugs cheryl xxxx
I WANT IT!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Alaine said…
THIS ROCKS!!!! I love this. I have been thinking about trying something like this. My eldest is allergic to nickel, so she doesn't wear a lot of jewelry, but this looks so cool, and she ADORES the skulls!
Mary Frances said…
WOW! Love your necklace. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Stamps! Good Luck :)
I have been waiting impatiently to see this ever since you mentioned it. It is epically, wonderfully, awesome. I would never have guessed it was chipboard. So veeeeeery kewl.

You definitely need to stock a few of these in your etsy shop.
Sandy Fredrick said…
Love the skulls, what a novel idea. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.
Michelle said…
Hi
Wow, amazing, looks incredible. love that shine you achieved.

Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Just a reminder that there is a new prize up for grabs this week, in addition to the regular featured blogger. To encourage everyone to share a little blog love, someone’s comment on one of the entries to this week’s linky party will be randomly chosen as the winner.

The only criteria is that you have to mention that you saw their creation on the Make It Monday linky party in your comment.

So the more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

Good luck.

Michelle :-)
Laura said…
love these soooo much
Rochelle said…
Wow... creativity at its finest! I wish I knew how to make projects like this!

Thanks for linking up at Michelle's Make It Monday. Hope to see more!

Hugs,
Rochelle
dragonllew said…
That looks fantastic my DD would love it. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.

Jenny x
Unknown said…
I love these pendants!! Fantastic images and beads! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us.
Beverley said…
This is fantastic, love it so much!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "