Skip to main content

Bats, Cats & Broomsticks

This week’s Macabre Monday at Haunted Design House just screamed my name. Challenge #83 is Magically Witchy, and boy oh boy did I have ideas! I had a flurry of thoughts on what I could make…going way beyond the card! But, time was not on my side this week as I had to do several things regarding Phoenix’s school this week. Plus, along with the flurry of ideas came an overstimulation of sorts. Too many thoughts, ideas, and even ways to do things. I was overwhelmed with ideas. And now, it’s late on Saturday and I NEEDED to play. I couldn’t let this challenge pass me by. So I made a page in one of my art journals.


I was washing dishes, thinking about the challenge, and I thought, “It’s about more then cats, bats, and broomsticks…” I knew that was what I needed to make my journal page about. I am actually thinking of making this into a huge canvas art piece, as I couldn’t fit all of my ideas on one little page. But enough of me typing…here’s a look at my page.



I just got some amazing goodies from a Tattered Angels order, and the cat in the center is from it. I knew I had to se it here. The bats are from Inkadinkado, as is the witch on her broom.



I used 3 colors of Glimmer Mist, some Stickles and a bit of my soul on this page. But…isn’t that what art journaling is about?




See the glitter and glimmer? You can click on any of my pictures to see them bigger.


The words read:


It’s about more than Cats, Bats, and Broomsticks.


It’s about life, death, nature…


It’s a way to believe…


To be in harmony with the earth…


But- those cats, bats and broomsticks sure can be fun!



I really hope I find the time to make the canvas I have in my head. I think it would be really cool to hang something like that up in my craft room (pun intended).


Thanks for stopping by! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

~Lady B~ said…
Gorgeousness...and oh so true! Great work, sistah!
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh yeah! Fabulous, Alison! I know what you mean about overstimulation when you're flooded with ideas, but you've done a marvelous job! Brava on keeping up with the art journal. I so totally crapped out. Would love to see a canvas with your ideas! Thanks for sharing with us at HDH. xxD
I have to agree with LB!!!! it is absolutely gorgeous and so very very true!!!! I can't wait to see you turn it into a canvas!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Carol W. said…
Fabulous job! Love all the images and the words, too true! Hope to see a canvas soon! TFS
Oh wow, I sooooooo love this, it's beautiful and so wise as well! Great, great work, I'm so glad you entered this week! :D
Andrea C said…
Wow fantastic work, amazing journal piece x
LOooooooooove it Alison! This is fabulous. Really like combination of images and the words. WOW!!!
Laura said…
awseom journal page and i love the words FAB
You definitely need to take this to canvas.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...