Skip to main content

April Bombshell Sketch Challenge

Greetings and salutations! Today I am sharing the latest Bombshell Stamps sketch with you. I had a bit of a tough time with the original sketch, so I changed it up a bit. Check it out…

untitled

And here’s my version, using 3 different Bombshell Stamps sets.

It’s not too different. The 5 boxes on the left just weren’t workin’ for me…I couldn’t get the look I wanted. I am pretty pleased with the end result.

I colored my images with my watercolor markers. The sets that I used are Mi Amor (focal image and banner), Man’s Ruin (skull), and Pin Stripes (duh).

My cardstock is from Prism and Prima. It’s tough to see, but on the orange, there is a lime green distressed grid…makes the little touches of green that I used really stand out. If you click on any of the pictures, you can see it bigger.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you create something with this fab sketch too! If you do, you can link yours up on on the Bombshell Blog on April 13th. Show us what you’ve got!!! Have an inspiring day!

Challenges:

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

Craft Your Passion: Anything Goes

The Crazy Challenge: Flowers

Make it Monday: Anything Goes

Nettie G’s: Roses

Paper Playtime: Anything Goes

Stamping Vacation: You Name the Challenge (for me-sketch!)

Magic in the Air: Flowers

Crafty Pad: Flowers

I Did It Creations: Anything Goes

All Sorts: Flowers

Crafty Calendar Challenge: April showers bring forth flowers

 

Comments

Denise Clark said…
Love the bold style of your card! Unique image! Love the rose in the skeleton's mouth! Great touch and perfect for your card!

Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges! This earns you entry in the May 1st drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate to the store of your choice!
Lionelsa said…
I like how you've colored the imgage.
Thnaks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!
Anonymous said…
Interesting image. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's Digital Gems challenge.

Chris
Lead Designer
Michelle said…
Hi

I love your take on the sketch. Fabulous card and great images.

Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)
I know what you mean about the boxes. I only used 4. Love your color choices. The roses are stunning.
Truly a piece of art.....awesome job....thank you for playing with us at PCC.....
Maggie's Crafts said…
Love the colours!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

Maggie
xx
Scrappychick said…
wow...love her. reminds me of the nasty vampires in the ANita Blake series that Jason is terrified of.
Patti P. said…
What an artistic card...your take on the sketch is great and love those roses. Beautiful coloring on this. Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC.
Anonymous said…
Love the bright colours and unique style of your card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x
DonnaMundinger said…
Great job with the sketch and gorgeous coloring. LOVE those Bombshells! xxD
Laura said…
awesome card I LOVE bombshell stamps and this ones a stunner, ive just made a day of the dead shrine using bombshellsxxx
Cheryl Valadez said…
Absolutely stunning! Totally captures the essence of Dia de los Muertos and you know how I feel about that kind of stuff ;D I LOOOOOOVVVVEEEE IT!!!
Barbara said…
Very unique card. Love the bold colors. The sketch looks interesting. I will have to try this one. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our "Anything Goes Challenge." We hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. XX
Barbara GDT

9 April 2011 03:37

Post a Comment
Ellis said…
A very cool card! =)
Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems!
Hugs, Elenor
corinne said…
very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge
blog. Good luck !
aqualeiga said…
Cool! Not a style I use myself, but your colouring and take on the sketch are really great! Thanks so much for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD. Don't forget to check out the awesome prizes up for grabs in our altered CD competition! Hugs, Ali x

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...