Skip to main content

Frankiee… A Different Kind of Bride

I think that many of us have Royal Wedding Fever. I myself am typing this post as I am watching the ump-teenth recap of Prince William and (the now) Princess Catherine’s amazing ceremony. There’s was almost as good as mine. ;) But, I’d like to share with you a different bride today. Say hello to Frankiee…



This bodacious babe was created by Christy Croll, owner and designer, of Tiddly Inks. Who by the way is having an awesome Treasure Hunt right now! She “made” her for we Smeared & Smudged gals, as she is one of our wonderful sponsors for April. Tiddly Inks is sponsoring Oh! The Horror this month…and of course we used a Bride of Frankenstein poster. We are touched that Christy created a second image for us. The first, as you may recall was Rock-N-Rolla. You can purchase Frankiee HERE and RockNRolla HERE.




I broke out the watercolor markers once again, and used a mess of colors on her. Lilac hair, brown top, green skirt…don’t even get me started on al the different colors of skin she has stitched together!



My sentiment is from Smeared Ink. I thought it worked well for her! Inspired? You still have a little time to play along with this month’s challenges! But, if you don’t have time today…there’s always next month. I do hope you will play along with us at Smeared & Smudged. We always have wonderful challenges and prizes! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

angelwhispers said…
My word she certainly is different but just love the way you have coloured her and the layout is just perfect! Chanelle xxx
Hehe...Alison...too funny on the sentiment! :) She is a delightful bride! I would have loved to see Kate dressed like this...hehe!
~Lady B~ said…
This is fabulous! I love how you've colored her...especially those fab boots! The stitched paper pieces are a great touch! Awesomeness!
Rosa Witten said…
Awesome! I love that image by Christy. Such a great card.
:)
Suzi McKenzie said…
Awesome card, I love how you've coloured Frankiee; I have to admit I've already got her printed out waiting to be coloured :)
Love the stitching detail
Suzi
xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...