Skip to main content

Sweet Pea Kitties!

Today I am sharing with you a card I made for a cat loving friend. I can’t say who it is though…since she hasn’t gotten the card yet! It’s the first time I’ve used Purple Comfort; a Sweet Pea image from ching chou kuik. I just love these sweet kitties! Look at their teeny wings!



This picture makes the contrast between the doily and the image very obvious…but it’s subtler in person. I probably should have chalked the doily first, but…after spraying it with a ton of Glimmer Mist, that wouldn’t have been a good idea. The image was colored exclusively with Distress Inks, and I think it came out really pretty.



This photo shows the colors much better. See how much paler the image is here? I used a bit of Liquid Pearls on the cats’ wings.



Look at all that pretty glimmer! I used Patina and Tattered Rose on the doily. I hope my friend likes the card. I think she’d be happy with anything with kitties though! Have an inspiring day!

Comments

You Think it came out great!!!! They way you color with distress inks RAWKS MY SAWKS!!!!!!

AWESOMENESS!!!!! LOVE IT!
Laura said…
This is gorgeous, love the colouring !!!!
Jen Shults said…
This turned out fantastic Alison! I think using distress inks is your calling... it looks awesome!
Rosa Witten said…
Beautiful!!! The distress inks are sooo cool, I just started coloring with them.
:) Rosa
So very pretty. The soft colors are just beautiful.
Micki said…
ok, one word wow.... love the colors and love how you colored that hair!!!!

I keep meaning to use doilies but never do, lo.

Wonderful card girl!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...