Skip to main content

Desert Islands Crafters Challenge: The Queen’s Itinerary

Welcome to the next installment of the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge. If you’re not familiar with it, let me give you the low down. The 1st and 15th of each month, you will be given an itinerary of items where, if you were stranded on a desert island, you would need to use at least 3 of those to create a project.

We went about things a little different this time around, and with all of the Royal Wedding hooplah, we decided to ask The Queen herself for “her” itinerary. 

The Queen’s Itinerary:

1. Red, White & Blue

2. Fairytale

3. Ribbon

4. Lace

5. Crown Jewels

6. Horse & Carriage

7. Stair Step Card

8. Castle

9. Prince Charming

10. Princess Bride

Since I had a bit of a royal wedding myself…what better thing to create for this challenge then a layout of my wedding?

I used items 2, 4, 5, 8 (ish), 9, and 10. Why 8-ish? Well, we didn’t get married in a castle, but the place was fashioned after a castle.

This was one of my favorite parts of the ceremony. Gene got down on one knee and offered me my ring from his sword. Then I got to knight him. After that, I offered him his ring from my chalice (which I had made myself). Pure magick.

You can see  the glimmer in our eyes…how excited we were…It was such a beautiful ceremony.

I love the paper I used…the borders and journal spot are from a new DCWV stack “Royal Garden” (fitting, I know!). I also used some Kaiser rhinestones, and gold lace doilies. I didn’t want to go too over the top, because I wanted the photos to be center stage. 

Now it’s your turn! What could you make with The Queen’s Itinerary? Please visit the rest of the DICC gals, listed in my sidebar. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

I love your wedding layout!!! Awesomeness! So romantical!!!!Gonna see what I can come up with because who better to have queen stuff around than the queen herself!!!! LOL MWAH
Suzi McKenzie said…
I love this layout. Looks like you had a fairytale dream wedding, love the whole sword and chalice bit, what wonderful memories to have, Thanks for sharing them with us.
You Regally Rocked this Challenge :)
Suzi
xxx
I'm thinking the fairytale continues.
Sugar said…
oooh that is beautiful.. you're beautiful.. very very pretty!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...