Skip to main content

Making the Most of your Bombshell Stamps: A Tutorial

With all of my stamps, I am always looking for new ways to reinvent them. Giving them a fresh new look makes me feel like I have a new set of stamps to play with! I was going through my Bombshells, and I noticed that I could swap bodies around a bit. This is not a gory project- I promise! ;)

To start, you need Butterfly Queen and Bombshell Angel.

IMG_1222

What we are going to do is put Angel’s head and torso on Butterfly Queen’s legs. So, you don’t need to stamp out the entire image of either. I have made two versions of this “morph,” which is why I have two of each Bombshell.

IMG_1223

Color in the skin and the hair. I used pencils for that. You will notice that on Butterfly Queen’s image on the top right I did not color in her belly. You can click on any of the images to see it bigger.

IMG_1224

Next, color the outfits. Please note that I completed the line across Angel’s body. She is now wearing a crop top.

IMG_1225

On the green version of Angel, I colored her outfit in completely. I used watercolor markers for their outfits.

IMG_1226

Cut out all 4 images. I cut around Angel’s hands so that I can slip Butterfly Queen’s bodies underneath. See my finger holding her hand up? Please note that on the blue version, I cut Butterfly Queen’s belly on a curve. Cutting it straight would have been very obvious. But the curve works with Angel’s now-cropped top. Also, I did not keep the upper triangle of the green version of Butterfly Queen (even though I had colored it in).

IMG_1229

And here they are in their new bodies and outfits! See? I told you this wasn’t going to be gruesome! They each have new, totally different looks to them!

Here they are on their cards. I love their new looks!

I hope you’ve been inspired! I would love to see you try this technique. What other ways can you transform your Bombshells? I’ve got some more up my sleeve…but that’s for another time! :) Have a great day!!!

Comments

KC said…
alison these are so cool! I'm a little sad they're not gruesome I got excited ;) I do love these! I really want the butterfly queen now! that is so cool they wear the same dress size!
Nice one - almost like getting more stamps for free :)
That is wicked awesome sweetness!!!! LOVE IT!!!
Daniella said…
How awesome are you???? You color like Picaso! Those Bombshells look fabulous!!! Bitchin'!!
xxD
Micki said…
I saw this in my Google reader but hadn't had a chance to stop by.... awesome tutorial and love your coloring - I can't color worth a damn with watercolor pens or pencils. Oh and that is an awesome idea...
Nancy said…
What a great idea! Love the two "new" ladies you created!
Kathi said…
You know that I love this tutorial and the way you swapped out the body parts. :D

Great cards. Fan-freakin'-tastic tutorial.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...