Skip to main content

February Smeared & Smudged Sketch Challenge

The new Smeared & Smudged challenges are up and ready for you to participate in! I got instantly inspired by Kelli’s card sketch for the month, as I have been working with different ideas for my next “Tarot Card.” Haha! That’s actually pretty funny! If you’ve been checking in over the past couple of weeks, you may have seen my Misty Benson Tarot Set 1 (Smeared Ink) cards. I’ve used The World and The Fool so far. Today, I bring you Death. Don’t worry…it’s actually a joyful image…one that I intend to use a lot! First, here’s the sketch.

I flipped it and changed the ribbon and embellishment a bit.

Can I just start off by saying that it is quite nerve wracking to slice your image??? I have done it a few times in the past, but I always get butterflies when I attempt it again.

I colored the image and the card itself using nothing but Distress Inks and my Cut-n-Dry Nibs. My skull button at the top has been colored with Alcohol Inks.

 

The colors look a little off to me in the pics…in real life, the blues are spot on the same…here, the paper looks brighter then it should be.

For those of you out there that are afraid to color images this way…don’t be! This is super simple and really quick! I had the image colored (while my kids were eating lunch…for you mommies out there you know how hard feeding time at the zoo can be!) in about 10 minutes. I kid you not. I think it was 12 minutes total. Seriously, you’ve gotta try this technique if you haven’t already!

We have some great prizes lined up for you once again at Smeared & Smudged. Our sponsors for the month are Susan’s Craft Chaos and Octopode! Oh, and if you play along with our photo inspiration challenge, you could win a goodie bag from Terra! C’mon! You know you want some prizes! Head on over, and have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

KC said…
what a great idea! sorry but I may have to borrow it...your just so inspiring!
DonnaMundinger said…
Yeah, me too! LOVE this and how you colored the image. I've stamped it, but then got all intimidated. LOL FAB work! xxD
Alex said…
oooooooooo This is FABULOUS!! Don't know how I have missed it before now, but AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME!!
Anonymous said…
diazepam overdose buy diazepam online usa 5mg - safe place buy diazepam
Anonymous said…
buy xanax without prescriptions xanax withdrawal + valerian root - xanax 4mg pill
Anonymous said…
valium 10mg valium anxiety symptoms - effects of valium 5 mg
Anonymous said…
xanax cost pass urine drug test xanax - xanax drug test prescription
Anonymous said…
diazepam online withdrawal effects of diazepam - diazepam 2mg tablets dogs
Anonymous said…
buying ambien online ambien side effects blood pressure - purchase ambien in canada
Anonymous said…
diazepam 10 mg diazepan prodes 10 mg - diazepam drug study scribd
Anonymous said…
buy valium online effects of valium on the brain - valium drug reviews
Anonymous said…
diazepam without a prescription diazepam drug study - buy diazepam no rx

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…