Skip to main content

I Was Made for You…Macabre Monday #77

As many of you know, I try to play along with Macabre Monday over at Haunted Design House as often as I can. I squeezed in some time to create a card for their latest challenge…Dr. Death. We had to make something with a medical theme. I immediately thought of some of the rad images I have from Strange Skin. And this is what I came up with.

I used one of my absolute favorite images from them, the Bride of Frankenstein Cameo. I think she’s gorgeous. I colored her with colored pencils and my watercolor markers. Here’s a close up.

I accentuated the pieced together look by making her skin all different colors… like she really was made up from different creatures. She also has quite a weave going…lots of different colors. You can click on any of the pictures to get a close up.

The screw heads on the side are from Smeared Ink’s Urban Decay collection. Yup, the same ones I just used in Friday’s post! Screws are SO versatile!!! I hand wrote the senti, making it a little scratchy. The 3 pieces of cardstock sticking out from the image are actually a pewter foiled cardstock. Ultra reflective. I use it all the time because it’s amazing.

I have a bunch of great posts coming up this week, including a new challenge from the Desert Island’s Crafters Challenge, StampInsanity and a super special new release from Sweet November. Please be sure to check back! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Andrea C said…
Excellent work, love the sentiment and those screw heads are brilliant x
KC said…
I just love her hair! great coloring!!
Kathi said…
Perfect sentiment for that image. I love this card. It made me smile. Muchly.
Betty Boo! said…
That is fabulous Alison! I can't wait to play with her now!

B

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...