Skip to main content

End of Term Smeared & Smudged Blog Hop

It’s time to say goodbye and hello over at Smeared & Smudged. It’s the end of the term for the DT, and while some of our team will be returning, others will not. But, we will be welcoming in some new faces too! So, it’s a bittersweet ending.

Terra, Kelli and I wanted to have a “last hurrah” hop for the DT, but of course we needed to make it into a challenge! So, I decided that since we all now have so many awesome Smeared Ink sets, lets all make projects that use 3 or more sets of Smeared Ink stamps! I’m hearing through the grapevine that some of the ladies are none too thrilled with my little challenge. I, however, loved it and thought it was a lot of fun!

End-Term-Hop-1

I made a card using FOUR different Smeared Ink sets. Holy City (the cemetery), Chicks Dig Guns (the heart), Nymphs (the frame), and Lil Grumpies (the sentiment). I think they all worked so well together!

End-Term-Hop-2

I pop dotted the frame and the heart, which gave the card fabulous dimension, and really directs your eye to the 2 tombstones. I colored everything in with my colored pencils and ink (the heart was double embossed with clear too).

End-Term-Hop-3

You can click on any of the images to see them bigger. I kept the rest of the card very simple. I didn’t want to take away from the combined images. I just drew a couple of lines in marker to make a partial border. And I thought the teeny matte rhinestone was a necessary addition to the sentiment.

So, for one final time, please visit this term’s Smeared & Smudged Design Team. It’s been a great run! Have an inspiring day!

Terra http://moresmearedink.blogspot.com/
Tori http://ndustrial-lemon.blogspot.com/
Alison
http://www.alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/ ( me!)
Kelli http://www.cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/
Lady Brayton http://ladybrayton71.blogspot.com/
Meredith http://www.papercanteen.com/
Danielle http://www.scrappy-arts-n-thoughts.blogspot.com/
Kathi http://kathstales.blogspot.com/
Black Dragon http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/

Comments

Daniella said…
HA! SOme of us were none too happy??? grrr.

YOU did a fabulous job! Perfect use of the sets!! a fabulous card for sure!!

Very well done!!
~Lady B~ said…
Four sets?! You crazy woman! I love how this turned out! Your coloring is crazy-good, your design is fabulous, and you managed to make everything cohesive! Great job, my twisted sister!
CraftyMomOf3 said…
oh Alison!!! I teared up when I saw your creation!!! so so so elegant and meaningful!! love it hunnie and I'm so glad to continue working with you!!! xoxoxo meredith
well well well, some of them were none to happy huh? Oh well, I loved the challenge. Your project is awesomely fantastic! totally love it!
Unknown said…
I love your card Alison I think it all worked well together
Luv Jane xxx
Kathi said…
Your card is totally fantastic. The design is amazing, the coloring is fabulous, and the sentiment is perfect.

Yeah. I'll admit that I wasn't too thrilled at first because all I could think of was a chick with a gun shooting a dead dancer hanging from the hourglass. But then I decided to go Grumpy and Halloweeny. :D
This just works sooo well. Love it and thankyou.
Helen xx
blackdragon said…
So it was you who dreamed up this little cookie hey?
Wonderful challenge.... i had great fun! Thank you!
Your card is so elegant.... and meaningful.
Truely beautiful.
I look forward to the next term.... it has been a pleasure.
love lynx
KC said…
this is such a great card! The different stamp sets came together so well!
Unknown said…
This is beautiful! I teared up as well, because it made me think of my grandmother who I dearly missed. Thank you Alison!!
Tori said…
I don't know what more I can add, but I think this card is elegant and holds so much meaning for everyone. The colors are comforting, great job!

I had fun with this challenge and thought it was a great way to end the term! Thanks for all you help and hard work! Looking forward to next term. :) tOri

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...