Skip to main content

Bombshell Stamps Blog Hop: Back to School…Time for Geography!

It’s the last Wednesday of the month, so you know what that means! It’s Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop time! This month it’s all about Geography (something I am not so good at!). Here’s what Kas wanted us to do this time around:

Kids with their new colored pencils and cute backpacks remind me of how much I miss school….NOT.
But it did inspire this month’s blog hop. Please remember, if you can tie it into the theme…GREAT.
The theme for this month is Geography: Travel, foreign lands, exotic colors.
Maybe show us how your Bombshell would look if she came from an exotic land.
Maybe she would be traveling by motorcycle, or perhaps she would be a pilot.
She could even be a pirate avoiding scurvy and looking for an exotic date???

I, once again decided to multi task for this hop. I used Kathi’s Sketch Challenge and Meredith’s monthly challenge. Here’s the sketch:

untitled

Meredith said: “Please create any 3-D creation! I challenge you to let your imagination go wild and do your best to reach out of your comfort zone!!” I’ll admit though…this wasn’t out of my comfort zone… I often use pop dots and foam… I just don’t have time right now to experiment further! Please forgive me, Meredith!!!

Sept.-Hop-1

I decided I didn’t want to make another card…I love doing all types of crafts, so I wanted this to be just a wee bit different. I was inspired by Kathi’s looong sketch, so I thought that it would make a great door/wall hanger!

Sept.-Hop-2

Here’s a closer shot of my project. It’s 4”x8”. I used a mess of different papers, as usual. I came up with the colors and combos from the Hop challenge. I was thinking of the Caribbean…where I had my honeymoon…the striking colors of the water, and the clothes… That’s how I chose the colors for my Bombshell. Her outfit is just the color of the water!

Sept.-Hop-3

Then, I just chose other bright, bold colors to coordinate. The papers were chosen after. Check out how tan she is! You can click on any of the pics to see them bigger.

Sept.-Hop-4

I added a couple of matte finish rhinestones and this party was over. I really like the end result. I wasn’t sure if I was going to love the colors I had picked…but after choosing the right papers, it all came together. Now…where to hang it???

Please hop along now to Wild Rose! Enjoy the hop!!!

Comments

Jane said…
A lovely card the colouring is perfect
Luv Jane xxx
AnItA mArIe said…
oh wow Alison i love the colours,its fantastic i totally love it ..Hugz Anita
Kelli said…
That is totally freakin awesome!!!! Love it Ladybird!
KC said…
she is so beautiful I love it! and I totally get the Caribbean feel! you have done an amazing job!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, this is completely fabulous! The colors are perfect and the papers are a spot on match! Love her tan!!!
Kas said…
Very cool. She looks great on the door!
Mary G. said…
What a great idea! Love the idea of the doorknow hanger! Beautifully colored and I love all the dimension you've given it!
CraftyMomOf2 said…
This door hanger is simply AMAZING!!! I'm just in love!!! Such great colors and that pirate Bombshell is just WICKED!

Love it Alison!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
Alaine said…
Love how you did the wall hanging. I need to do more things like that!
Kathi said…
Great take on the sketch and amazing door hanger. I love how you colored her, the papers you used... Basically, I just totally love this.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…