Skip to main content

Custom Wedding Album

I am making a Custom Wedding Scrapbook as a gift for the happy couple. I used their beautiful invitation as inspiration for the entire book, which is 8x8.

Karen-Wedding-1I blurred some of the info out, which is why the invitation itself looks a little weird. If you click on this or any other photo, you can view it in a larger size.

Karen-Wedding-2 

I just love the simple botanicals and the subtle damask print in the background. You can see here that I added some Dew Drops with some Stickles for a touch of sparkle.

Karen-Wedding-5

Because of the lovely damask, I decided to go with this print (from DCWV) on some of the pages. It works perfectly with the invitations. And I think the brown (taken from the invitation as well), makes the pages look rich.

Karen-Wedding-3

Titles, especially on such a small scale can be really time consuming for me. So I was happy to find some great stickers from K & Co. that can be used throughout the album. Here are one of those stickers, which are layered beautifully, and have a bit of glitter on them. To enhance that sparkle, I used more Stickles on the background paper, to define the swirls a bit. I also added some pearls, inspired by the itty bitty ones on the sticker. The white cardstock (which will become a mat when a photo is added), has a hint of sparkle as well. You can see it better in the next photo.

Karen-Wedding-4

You can see it just a bit in the bottom of the photo. Ignore the peach color…that’s just the color I photographed the pages on.

I just love making custom albums. They are the perfect gift for yourself, your family, or anyone really! I am hoping that I will get a couple more album orders in before the Holidays. If you are interested, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will get in touch with you. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jennifer said…
That looks great. I wish I could get back to scrap booking. I would rather make cards.
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, what a great gift! The recipients will cherish this forever ;D

By the way, I am loving the new blog background!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Lovely album! I really should scrapbook again. I told myself I would do one layout per week but I've not kept the promise to myself.

Congrats on the Bombshell DT!

Popular posts from this blog

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…

Mosaic Bird

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is posting some of our projects from the October catalog that feature a "Mosaic Madness" theme . Below, you will see my project that features the Mosaic Bird stamp. 


Supplies:
Stampendous:
W176: Mosaic Bird
SSCM5003: House Mouse Friend Wishes
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B
STF082: VersaFine in Onyx Black

Other:
Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 022, 023, 026, 031, 037, 038, 047, 048, 049, 050, 065, 068, 070, 080, 084, 202, 303
My Colors Cardstock: Ocean Side, Fireflies
Creative Impressions: Lavender Velvet Shimmer Ribbon- 70978
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry Glue
Green Cardstock: unknown


Directions: 
1. Color Mosaic Bird image and fussy cut.

2. Cut the card base to 5 1/2" x 8" out of Ocean Side cardstock. Using a yellow-green cardstock, die cut the large "P" from the Fitted Frames set B, and the small "P" out of Fireflies cardstock.

3. Stamp a sentiment from the House Mouse Friend Wishes set using VersaFine ink in Onyx …