Skip to main content

Custom Wedding Album

I am making a Custom Wedding Scrapbook as a gift for the happy couple. I used their beautiful invitation as inspiration for the entire book, which is 8x8.

Karen-Wedding-1I blurred some of the info out, which is why the invitation itself looks a little weird. If you click on this or any other photo, you can view it in a larger size.

Karen-Wedding-2 

I just love the simple botanicals and the subtle damask print in the background. You can see here that I added some Dew Drops with some Stickles for a touch of sparkle.

Karen-Wedding-5

Because of the lovely damask, I decided to go with this print (from DCWV) on some of the pages. It works perfectly with the invitations. And I think the brown (taken from the invitation as well), makes the pages look rich.

Karen-Wedding-3

Titles, especially on such a small scale can be really time consuming for me. So I was happy to find some great stickers from K & Co. that can be used throughout the album. Here are one of those stickers, which are layered beautifully, and have a bit of glitter on them. To enhance that sparkle, I used more Stickles on the background paper, to define the swirls a bit. I also added some pearls, inspired by the itty bitty ones on the sticker. The white cardstock (which will become a mat when a photo is added), has a hint of sparkle as well. You can see it better in the next photo.

Karen-Wedding-4

You can see it just a bit in the bottom of the photo. Ignore the peach color…that’s just the color I photographed the pages on.

I just love making custom albums. They are the perfect gift for yourself, your family, or anyone really! I am hoping that I will get a couple more album orders in before the Holidays. If you are interested, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will get in touch with you. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jennifer said…
That looks great. I wish I could get back to scrap booking. I would rather make cards.
Cheryl Valadez said…
Alison, what a great gift! The recipients will cherish this forever ;D

By the way, I am loving the new blog background!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Lovely album! I really should scrapbook again. I told myself I would do one layout per week but I've not kept the promise to myself.

Congrats on the Bombshell DT!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...