Skip to main content

Water Goddess and an Amazing Announcement!

So let’s start with the announcement, shall we??? I’m a Bombshell!!! No, not just in my husband’s eyes… I’m no longer Ms. July! I’m a full Design Team Member for Bombshell Stamps!!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how thrilled and honored I am to be a part of such a magnificent team! I was really hoping that, in honor of my new status, I would be able to show off a new layout featuring one of the fabulous stamps, but, alas, my printer is acting wonky and I cannot print my photos properly. So, it’ll have to wait. But in the meantime, I have a card I made for one of the other fabulous Design Teams that I’m on…Smeared & Smudged!

Water-Goddess-1This is obviously the Water Goddess from Smeared Ink, and I just love her. She’s so serene and lovely. Her face is so peaceful. More like a lazy river than a choppy ocean. I was inspired by this month’s S&S Sketch challenge. Here’s the sketch:

It’s a loose translation, but I think it works for the challenge!

Water-Goddess-2

I painted in my Goddess using Twinkle H20’s. And she is just soooo shimmery! I love the effect! It really looks like faceted water on a sunny day in the Mediterranean.

Water-Goddess-3If you click on any of the pictures, you’ll get to see them bigger. Look at that shine! I just love painting with those Twinkles. I really need to invest in some more colors!

Water-Goddess-4I added some smudges of Waterfall Stickles to the bottom of the card, just for a little more oomph. But, I didn’t want to do too much, as it would take away for this lovely Goddess.

So, why not play along with this sketch challenge? You have all month long to play, and there is a fantastic Graphic 45 prize up for grabs!!! So come on over to Smeared & Smudged and learn more!

Comments

WOOOO HOOOOO!!! WE are Bombshells together!!!! Totally excited!

I love your take on the sketch by the way and the H2O's are perfect!!!
Laura B said…
Beautiful card! Congratulations, I think you'll make a fantastic full time Bombshell!:)

hugs,
Laura
Steph said…
Beautiful card! Love the shimmer, gonna have to get me some of those H2O's :)
Alyssa S said…
WooHoo! I always knew you were a Bombshell ;o) Congrats, little lady!
Beautiful job with the water goddess :o)
Jodi said…
Congrats to you. On a side note, on my blog you asked how I keep track of all the challenges I enter...well, I have a word document with all the challenge blogs that I have frequented, listed by day, and then type in what the current challenge is. It doesn't take too long to update and it keeps me on track.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...