Skip to main content

SISC #26 It Happens in 3’s!

I lurve me some Thrusdays! Why? “cause that’s means it’s time for the Groovy Gurlz to show off their latest StampInsanity creations!!! This week, we have a sketch with a twist!

SISC26%20ItHappensInThrees

The “twist” is that when using this fab sketch, you are also to use elements of THREE! Three buttons, brads, designer/pattern papers, etc! Have fun! So, here’s my card:

SIS#26-1

So it’s pretty obvious that I used 3 buttons… and originally I only had 3 patterned papers…but I had to make a decision. Very serious, I know… I felt that my upper right corner needed something, so I added that little corner piece. We all have to make sacrifices, especially in the name of art! ;} Yes, I have lost my mind…

SIS#26-2

Say “Hello!” to Birthday Maddie, once again. She was released last week, and I think she’s awesome. And, like all of StampInsanity’s images, she is a blast to color!!! Stop by the shop to pick her up!!!

SIS#26-3 I think the card is super happy and cheery…just like a Birthday Card should be! Now go take a peek at the rest of the creations by the Groovy Gurlz.

Beth {Owner} Erica Jacquie

Jennifer Juanita Julia (Guest Gurl)

Lisa Margie {DTC} Sugar (Guest Gurl) Suzi

And, I have 2 special things to tell you about! First, you’ve got ONE more day to shop StampInsanity at 50% off!!! Just one! Make sure you use the code: BDAY2010 during checkout. This sale won’t happen for another year! Second, how would YOU like to be a Groovy Gurl??? You see how much fun we have each week, and ya know YOU love to play along too! So why not be part of our awesome team??? Click HERE for all the deets!!!

How’s that for exciting??? Have an inspiring day!

Challenges:

Bee Crafty: Anything Goes

Comments

Jennifer said…
AWESOME hair. I love that hair. I never think about doing out of the ordinary colors. Maybe next time. Your cards are always so colorful. Thanks for the wonderful comment.
Love your take on the sketch and your coloring is great!
Beth said…
FREAKING COOL hair! I love this card - awesome! So sorry for being so behind visiting - all me! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...