Skip to main content

Artful INKables Blog Hop

By the time you read this, I will have already seen Eclipse!!! I can’t believe it’s out! I’ll be sure to give you the play by play of my Triple Feature experience after I recover from the throngs of teenagers!

So I am in TWO Blog Hops today! This post is obviously for Artful INKables, and the second is for Bombshell Stamps. Please take a look at both of my posts for today! Thanks! ;}

So let’s talk Twilight. I made a card using 3 of my fabulous AI stamps. I really, really love these stamps! And I hope it shows in my card!

AI-Hop-1

I started off with the harlequin stamp on some spotted yellow paper, and I cut that out. I wanted to use my swirl stamp, so I stamped it a few times, end to end, and cropped it real tight. You actually don’t see the full swirl because I trimmed so much of it off. But I like how it takes up the whole strip on either side. And I stamped my sentiment and laid it on top. After I had all of my pieces, I distressed the hell out of it!

AI-Hop-2

Lots of colors, lots of layers, lots of inky fingers! Just the way I like it!!! But, the card needed something else, so I broke out my Distress Stickles and free handed some swirls of my own.

AI-Hop-3

Please click on any of the pictures to see them bigger. I think it turned out really pretty and elegant. I love how aged it looks.

Want to see more? Then hop along! I send you off to Sammi Betbeder’s blog. Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Sammi said…
It is really pretty and elegant! LOVE it!
Sammi
xxx
Kim said…
Beautiful vintage looking card, I love the way you combined the stamps!
Totally awesome, super cool!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Beautiful card! Love those freehand glittery swirls ;D
Laura B said…
This is a really pretty card! Wasn't the movie awesome?:)

hugs,
Laura
Erica said…
The colors are perfect. I like the sand colored background. The freehand stickles flourish is wonderful!
Anonymous said…
Great card!! I love the swirl on your card!!
Jennifer said…
Beautiful card. I love all the layers. (I think this is the best movie yet, right?!)
Barb said…
Beautiful colors, and the swirl is wonderful!

btw... sorry I haven't commented much... I'm still playing catch up from being out of town :)
Great! Love that you used the harlequin stamp in red....I always go to black for that one.
Teribelle8 said…
Gorgeous card...very elegant!
Alyssa S said…
Beautiful card! Love all the swirls and sparkle!!
Chelsea said…
Very cool and elegant.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...