Skip to main content

TTSC #18

Hello Everyone! It’s Monday again, so it’s time for a sketch challenge from Dani! I really love this one, I hope you get inspired to make something with it too!

ttsc18

Isn’t it really cool??? I decided to turn the sketch and make it into a layout. I have been working really hard on a custom album (you may have seen one of the layouts I made for it last week), and I thought that this sketch would be perfect for one of the pages I needed to make!

P1175708

I even made it in Twi-colors!!! So, let me apologize for the crummy pictures. My Cannon’s battery died and until the new one comes, I am stuck using an Olympus, which I’m not very good with! But, you can still click on a photo to see it bigger!

P1175711

Here’s a detail shot of the focal point. I cut the photo with my Coluzzle. But, it was too small for the photo! So thankfully, Dani’s sketch had those wonderful little circles in just the right palces… I only had to add one extra! And, I think it turned out great! I was really stumped with what to do with this photo… I kept going back to it not knowing what I was going to! I am so grateful for this sketch! So, make sure you go check out what the rest of the Twilight Tuesday Design Team came up with, and then go create something yourself!!! Have a great day!

Jodi ~ Erica ~ Dani ~ Tonya

Comments

Beth said…
WOW! Ali! What a rad interpretation of that sketch!! This is an awesome layout - colors, photo - everything!! GREAT job!
ellepaulette said…
Great job! I love the colors and your dp!! :)
Jen Shults said…
Beautiful work Alison! Your paper choices here are wonderful and you certainly can't tell you had to do some creative cutting. Gorgeous work!!
Erica said…
This is adorable. I love everything about it! Great work Ali! Hugs!
Tonya Klar said…
This is awesome, Ali!! Is this your sister? She's gorgeous. I hate people who look so beautiful while they are pregnant! Just kidding!!!! No, I'm not. LOL... Seriously, your layout is gorgeous and so is Libby!
Unknown said…
This is FANTASTIC Ali!!!! I love that you turned the sketch into a layout...And your sister is just gorgeous!! LOVE IT!!! Xx
Jodi said…
This is very creative and so awesome!! I love this!!
Hugs
Jodi =)
What a fabulous layout! I love it! Such a beautiful way to document her pregnancy!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...