Skip to main content

Black Dagger Brotherhood Challenge: Vishous

It’s time for Fandom Friday over at Twilight Tuesday! This week Beth brings us a challenge about Vishous, one of my fave Brothers. I loved his book. I think he’s just awesome. Love his relationship with Butch, his brilliance, his curse, his Mommy! Woah! Didn’t see that coming when you read his book did ya???

Here’s what my Book Buddy Beth wrote on TTIC:

Vishous is amazingly complex character – he is brilliant. A technical genius who speaks 16 languages. He is tortured. Life was never easy, largely unbearable, for him before the Brotherhood, and not simple since. He is a warrior, with a battler’s soul – no weakness in himself is ever acceptable. Much like Rhage, he is physically cursed, though his cross to bear isn’t managed by a soothing shellan like Hollywood’s is. And V is just plain hard-nosed and not at all warm and fuzzy. Then the unthinkable happens…

Comment: V is a polarizing character – what is your opinion of him, and why?

Craft: Create a project that captures some facet of Vishous, and tell us about it.

So I gotta be honest… I made a quickie project. I. Am. Beat. The Girl just started walkin’, so I am chasing her everywhere…she’s still not sleeping through the night, and I have kind have been on card overload this week, what with the Greeting Farm relay, getting my new Sweet Pea Stamps, etc… Wow, long sentence… So I made a card that I like, but it didn’t take me a long time like some of my other cards do… which I guess is ok, so long as I’m happy with the result right? Well, I’m happy with it.

IMG_9870

Originally, I was going to go down the “Nurse Vishous” route, bit I couldn’t think of anything clever enough. So, I remembered I had this sick stamp from Stampers Anonymous which I thought was perfect for V. So, he knows the future. He can read minds. He’s got that crazy-ass glowing hand of his that does more destruction than a bomb. See? This stamp is perfect!

IMG_9871

See the eyes? The hand on the clock? All these things totally symbolize V’s gift/curse depending on how you view it. I colored the hand in with a white chalk marker… since his hand glows.  Used mostly chalk for the rest, a little bit of colored pencil, but not much. I just wanted to have colors that blended well, while focusing on purple, which symbolizes clairvoyance and spirituality. Again, I thought that fit Vishous to a “T.”

So there you have it. Quickie card, but filled with a ton of symbolism. Enjoy your day, I am off to enjoy mine!

Comments

Beth said…
HOLY CRAP, woman!! That is freaking perfect! OMG - I love it. This is completely V, right down to the diamond/ice blue color. Perfect!
Erica said…
I haven't read the books...yet...but this card is AMAZING! I love the coloring and the beautiful image. Great work hun!

Erica
Jennifer said…
You rocked that challenge! I love it!
Unknown said…
Beth is SO right Ali...This card is just PERFECT for V!!! LOVE it!! Xx
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Perfect! I think you nailed V perfectly. I am so impressed with this project!
Randi said…
Oh, I love when you do the Black Dagger challenges!! SOOOO cool! Love the coloring and all the amazing details! Perfectly captured the challenge!
Alyssa S said…
Love it! Because of you all I am immersed in the BDB and on the last book now. I'm taking it slow with this book b/c I don't want the series to end...KWIM? Anyway, V is my boy! Love what you did here...it's absolutely perfect!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...