Skip to main content

July Bombshell Hump Day Hop!

Greetings! It’s time for another Bombshell Stamps hop, which sadly means that I am coming to the end of my month-long term as a Guest Designer. It makes me sad… But have no fear! I will of course continue to play along with the other challenges, and I’ll have some of my own ideas too! ;}

You should be coming from my lovely friend, Meredith’s blog.

This is what Kas challenged us to do this time around:

She's a Firecracker Alright!
I would love to see something along the lines of:
1) Red - White - Blue
2) Firecrackers (Bombshells)
3) Military
4) or sparkling like a firework!

Here is my lil project for today:

IMG_3100

Please pardon the awful photos…I just ran out of time! I will try to take some prettier ones! You can click on any of them to see them bigger.

IMG_3101

See the sheen on my stripey paper? It’s got a beautiful luster to it. Kind of golden. It’s from Reminisce, and I knew it was perfect for this challenge!

IMG_3102

You can see it a little better here. I also used some gold doilies that I scored from my mom’s house (don’t worry! I asked first!). Originally I was going to draw some fireworks in using gold Stickles, but then I remembered I had the doilies, and I knew that would be even better! It has the look of fireworks, but done just a bit differently!

IMG_3103

And of course I used my awesome Pirate’s Life stamp set! I gave my girl a little tat on her arm…to cover up an oops! I had colored in the white highlights of her hair using a red watercolor marker (lemme also mention that I embossed my images), and the marker doesn’t dry on the embossed parts. Well, I accidentally ran my finger over her hair before I cleaned it up with a paper towel! She had a red splotch! So, I inked her up! Good save, right?The fibers I used are a midnight blue with clear tinsel. Again, I am sorry for the crummy pictures!

Now it’s time to hop over to my awesome friend Danielle’s blog! But below you will find the whole list, in case you missed anyone!

Kas ~ Katie ~ Kathi ~ Jodie ~ Cheryl ~ Steph ~ Meredith

Alison ~ Danielle ~ Keely ~ Angie ~ Laura ~ Kelli ~ Perky Nihilist

Quick side note Number 1: I would like to give a HUGE “thank you!” to Shannon and the rest of the Bombshell girls! I have had a fantastic time this month, and I look forward to playing with you super talented ladies some more! This is SO not the end of me!!!

Quick side note Number 2: My fellow S&S DT member, Lady Brayton, created this amazingly fantastic card, using little old ME as the inspiration! She saw a bombshell-esque poster, and made her own version to look like yours truly! Please click HERE to see the whole story, and show her some well-deserved love! You are my sinister sister, LB!!!

Enjoy the rest of the hop! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

CraftyMomOf2 said…
This is just SPARKLINGLY DIVINE!!! YArrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I love this tag, the coloring, the doilies, everything!!! You rocked this out hunnie!! And you KNOW I love LB's card!!! So hot!! ;)

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
Shelley said…
That is awesome. Love the gold doilies!!
AnItA mArIe said…
beautiful Alison im lovin the gold looks fantastic...hugs Anita
Erica said…
Great card! I love the doiley used. At least I am not the only one to swipe things still from mom's house :) The card you inspired is beautiful and that is so sweet she did that!
Hugs, Eri
ladybrayton71 said…
Your bombshell is as amazing as you are! Great job! Thanks for showing me some love...you are too sweet!
deniserows said…
ahoy...love her tattoo. finding gold doilies at your moms, what a treasure. so great how it all works together. she's me favorite pirate she be argh
Kathi said…
It's fabulous. I love how you colored her and love how you fixed your "oops". Great save.

I love that Reminisce paper. They do the lustery thing really well.

The doilies are fantastic and make great "fireworks".
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Love the tag...she's Wonder Woman! I didn't even notice the oops but commend you on the great save!

The last card does look like you! It's awesome!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Allison, the "tat" save is pure genius!! Plus, it just plain old looks fantastic! Your tag is awesome and I am loving the pilfered gold doilies from mom ;D A great take on the challenge!
Jodie said…
Great job on the card Alison, very sparkly!
Danielle said…
Really? Come on!! The dimension and the coloring are incredible!! I can't believe how rad this is!!! WOWZA!!!
Keely Yowler said…
Such a fabulous card! Love that image and gorgeous gold!
Another awesome card! I love how you used the gold doilies. At first they look like gears to me.
I love how you used your mistake to make it even better. I would have thrown it away and tried again.
Thanks for always sharing your awesome ideas.
Faerielore said…
This is awesome !!!! the colouring is amazing and the doilys look FAB xxxx
KC said…
I love her! such a cute card...

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Package

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing projects that fit the theme, "Dear Santa, I've Been Good!" I used the sweet Christmas Package stencil (which frankly, can be used for plenty of other occasions too!), and a scrap I had leftover from the Chevron Stencil. Check out the full tutorial below.



Supplies:
Stampendous: 
DWLL466: Christmas Package
DWLX7026: Chevron Stencil
MGK01: Fall Micro Glitter Kit
MGK02: Christmas Micro Glitter Kit
DWDGP: Gold Embossing Paste
DWDGWP: Glossy White Embossing Paste
DWDPK: Palette Knife
FX71: Sticky Panels

Other: 
My Colors Cardstock: Dare Devil, Parrot
Molotow: 2mm Round Pen in Signal White
EK Success: Corner Rounder
Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry

Directions:
1. Tape Christmas Package stencil to Dare Devil cardstock. Tape off the bow so that you don't get paste on it. Paste the box with your Palette Knife and Glossy White Embossing Paste. Remove stencil to wash. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle Lime Micro Glitter from the Hal…

Standing in the Clouds with ADfD

Hello! I have a new card with a lovely image from A Day for Daisies to share with you today. The digi is called Standing in the Clouds.

I colored this beauty with Zig Clean Color Markers and a water brush. Here's a close up.

My background was created with the Piasso Stencil from Dreamweaver (available from Stampendous), White VersaColor Ink (from Imagine), a sponge dauber, and Detail White Embossing Enamel. Then I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Frost. You'll see that better in the photo below. The entire background looks frosty. My sentiment is from the Soaring Sentiments set. I edged it and my card base with Bahama Blue and Danube Blue Memento Ink, which really matched her jacket perfectly.

See the pretty shimmer? I love the Sheer Shimmer Spritzes, and I encourage you to give them a try. I'll have another project for A Day for Daises soon, and our February challenge will be posted on Friday. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Creamy Cupcake

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing different projects for birthdays. Who doesn't love to get a birthday card? My card for today is bold and bright!

Supplies:
Stampendous:
FMS4072: Creamy Cupcake Metal Stencil
Pen from any of the Stencil Duos sets

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Coral Rose
Zig Clean Color Markers: 025, 033, 062, 080
Memories Mist: Blue Martini, Lavender Tea
Imagine: Turquoise Gem Versa Magic, Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray
Canson Watercolor Paper and Mixed Media Paper
Beacon Adheseives: Zip Dry Glue


Directions:
1. Using Canson Mixed Media Paper, tape down the stencil and trace it with the pen from a Stencil Duo set.

2. Take off the stencil and color in the image using the above listed Zig Clean Color Markers.

3. Cut out the cupcake leaving a border around the image.

4. On the watercolor paper, spray the Memories Mist and Fireworks! Spray.

5. Trim dried watercolor paper to 5" x 3 3/4."

6. Create the card base with Coral Rose cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 8…