Skip to main content

StampInsanity Challenge 16: Beach Babes Release with Red White and Blue!

Happy July!!! Can you believe this year is already more then half over! Yowzahs! I am pleased to announce that StampInsanity has a new release today! The set is called Beach Babes, and it is fab-u-lous! Put on some sunscreen, ‘cause it’s about to get hot!

Hang-10-1

Beth asked us to use red, white, and blue for this week’s challenge which is SO perfect for this new collection! I used 3 of the brand spankin’ newbies for my card. Henry, Morgan, and the “Hang Ten” sentiment.

Hang-10-2

Here’s a close up of the cute couple. Please click on any of the pictures to see them bigger. I colored these beach babes in with my colored pencils. I’ve gotta say, my 2 fave things here are Morgan’s shades and Henry’s hair. What do you think???

Hang-10-3

I also used a couple of punches. Both from EK Success. And a few pulls of blue chalk ink for a distressed look. I added the yellow in to give the card some sunshine. They are on the beach right???

Now remember, you can only get these awesome StampInsanity images from the Stamp Happens shop. So go grab ‘em! But make sure you stop by the rest of the Groovy Gurlz blogs and leave them some love! And be sure to give our newest Guest Gurl, Shelly, a warm welcome!!!

Jacquie Jennifer  Juanita

Margie  Suzi Erica Shelly 

Comments

Anita Bownds said…
love your card Alison awesome as ...hugz Anita
Alyssa S said…
Too stinkin' cute! Love your layout and all the fun embellishments!
Laura B said…
So cute and fun! I love the chalk distressing and Henry's hair!:)

hugs,
Laura
Erica said…
I love the red strip with the punches. It just adds so much! The blue chalk is great too! Wonderful! Hugs, Eri
I love seeing your cards they always give me inspiration for different ideas.

Thanks for sharing!
Beth said…
Fantastic work - again! As always! Your coloring is incredible - his hair looks real!! :) xx
I think I am LOVING them!!! So fabulous!
Great cards, Alison! I love the yellow too!
Have a fab 4th!
hugs, margie

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...