Skip to main content

Bombshell DT ATC Hop

Hello! Today I bring you my very first ATC! The Design Team over at Bombshell Stamps decided to do a hop amongst ourselves showing off the ATC’s we made about ourselves! You should be coming from my friend Kathi’s blog. Here’s how the whole thing got started by Steph (Pink Star):

“Each participant will pick the Bombshell that is 'them' - your idea of you, bss style. you will create an ATC with that, and add in your current (or past, if you wish) DT title. {example: Bombshell March - Aug 2010... or something to that effect) I know every one of us at least has an inner bombshell, even if we don't show it in our every day life - like me - but let's show that side some love!”

Pretty cool right? So now that we all have our fantastic ATC’s from our co-DT members, we wanted to hop! So that everyone could see the fabulousness! Here’s mine…but again, I remind you, this is my very first ATC… I had no idea I should have written the info on the back of the card! Ah well...mine's unique! ;} And she looks like me! My Bombshell is totally sporting my funky colored hair!

Ms.-July-ATC

I used my fave colors, purple and teal to create my little ATC. And of course, I needed to add some sparkle and some stars, ‘cause I put stars on everything! Even my signature!

Ms.-July-ATC-5

Here’s a closer shot of how I colored her…uh…myself! ;} I used various markers…mostly my watercolor markers though. I even gave her some purple makeup!

Ms.-July-ATC-4

Here you can see that I added some Glimmer Mist (2 colors) to my punched out stars. If you click on the photo, you can see it a little better.

Ms.-July-ATC-2

And here they all are! It took me quite a while, but it was fun! And I must say, SO worth it because when I received that little parcel in the mail I jumped for joy and gasped in amazement! I am SO thrilled to be on a team with such amazing designers! The talent is incredible! Please make sure you go through the whole hop because you don’t want to miss a thing!!!

Ms.-July-ATC-3

So hop along to Erika’s blog now! Get ready to be wowed! Enjoy the hop! I hope we have inspired you!!!

Steph ~ Kathi ~ Alison (that’s me!) Erika ~Cheryl

Kelli ~ PerkyNihilist ~ BoHoRose ~ Katie ~ Kas

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the purple and teal my friend. This one is so darn pretty
Cheryl Valadez said…
She's so fab, Alison! Love the hair and I picked up on it right away ;D Also, your name and term added to the stars is a genius touch! This is only my second ATC swap and I managed to put my info on the back, but didn't realize that most folks number them. Oh well...LOL! We're getting there ;D
Kathi said…
I so love that you colored her hair to match your own. Too cool.

I love the coloring and all the little details.

BTW, this was my first ATC swap too. I lost count of my cards and ended up with two #16/16.
~Lady B~ said…
This turned out so great! I knew it was you as soon as I saw the hair! BTW...purple and teal are my favorite colors too!
Daniella said…
What a FABULOUS idea!!
Your Bombshell ROCKS!! I love how you colored her. You still have to help me get my pencils workin better. then, I'll work on marker skills. You have MAD ATC skills!! Your first one is as good as one that is from a veteran. Hello Gorgeous!!
Your bombshell is so cool! I love the colour in your hair! I have purple and pink in mine :)

Awesome cards!!
KC said…
as always beautiful work!
DonnaMundinger said…
Too cute! She DOES look like you! I like the info on the front. xxD
Anita Bownds said…
so awesome Alison love the colours her hair looks fantastic...hugs anita
CraftyMomOf3 said…
GORGEOUS Alisonnn!!!! Just stunning!
Beth said…
Freakin' AWESOME, Ali!!
Alyssa S said…
Purple and teal perfection!! And you're right, it looks just like you!!
Wow Alison, this is really beautiful, and I love that it's just like you!!! I'm incredibly touched by the gesture of everyone, thank you so very much!!!
Mary G. said…
LOVE, love, love it!! It is SO you! ;) And I like how you put your info on the front...makes it stand out...great job on this!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...