Skip to main content

July Bombshell Hump Day Hop!

Greetings! It’s time for another Bombshell Stamps hop, which sadly means that I am coming to the end of my month-long term as a Guest Designer. It makes me sad… But have no fear! I will of course continue to play along with the other challenges, and I’ll have some of my own ideas too! ;}

You should be coming from my lovely friend, Meredith’s blog.

This is what Kas challenged us to do this time around:

She's a Firecracker Alright!
I would love to see something along the lines of:
1) Red - White - Blue
2) Firecrackers (Bombshells)
3) Military
4) or sparkling like a firework!

Here is my lil project for today:

IMG_3100

Please pardon the awful photos…I just ran out of time! I will try to take some prettier ones! You can click on any of them to see them bigger.

IMG_3101

See the sheen on my stripey paper? It’s got a beautiful luster to it. Kind of golden. It’s from Reminisce, and I knew it was perfect for this challenge!

IMG_3102

You can see it a little better here. I also used some gold doilies that I scored from my mom’s house (don’t worry! I asked first!). Originally I was going to draw some fireworks in using gold Stickles, but then I remembered I had the doilies, and I knew that would be even better! It has the look of fireworks, but done just a bit differently!

IMG_3103

And of course I used my awesome Pirate’s Life stamp set! I gave my girl a little tat on her arm…to cover up an oops! I had colored in the white highlights of her hair using a red watercolor marker (lemme also mention that I embossed my images), and the marker doesn’t dry on the embossed parts. Well, I accidentally ran my finger over her hair before I cleaned it up with a paper towel! She had a red splotch! So, I inked her up! Good save, right?The fibers I used are a midnight blue with clear tinsel. Again, I am sorry for the crummy pictures!

Now it’s time to hop over to my awesome friend Danielle’s blog! But below you will find the whole list, in case you missed anyone!

Kas ~ Katie ~ Kathi ~ Jodie ~ Cheryl ~ Steph ~ Meredith

Alison ~ Danielle ~ Keely ~ Angie ~ Laura ~ Kelli ~ Perky Nihilist

Quick side note Number 1: I would like to give a HUGE “thank you!” to Shannon and the rest of the Bombshell girls! I have had a fantastic time this month, and I look forward to playing with you super talented ladies some more! This is SO not the end of me!!!

Quick side note Number 2: My fellow S&S DT member, Lady Brayton, created this amazingly fantastic card, using little old ME as the inspiration! She saw a bombshell-esque poster, and made her own version to look like yours truly! Please click HERE to see the whole story, and show her some well-deserved love! You are my sinister sister, LB!!!

Enjoy the rest of the hop! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

CraftyMomOf3 said…
This is just SPARKLINGLY DIVINE!!! YArrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I love this tag, the coloring, the doilies, everything!!! You rocked this out hunnie!! And you KNOW I love LB's card!!! So hot!! ;)

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
Unknown said…
That is awesome. Love the gold doilies!!
Anita Bownds said…
beautiful Alison im lovin the gold looks fantastic...hugs Anita
Erica said…
Great card! I love the doiley used. At least I am not the only one to swipe things still from mom's house :) The card you inspired is beautiful and that is so sweet she did that!
Hugs, Eri
~Lady B~ said…
Your bombshell is as amazing as you are! Great job! Thanks for showing me some love...you are too sweet!
deniserows said…
ahoy...love her tattoo. finding gold doilies at your moms, what a treasure. so great how it all works together. she's me favorite pirate she be argh
Kathi said…
It's fabulous. I love how you colored her and love how you fixed your "oops". Great save.

I love that Reminisce paper. They do the lustery thing really well.

The doilies are fantastic and make great "fireworks".
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Love the tag...she's Wonder Woman! I didn't even notice the oops but commend you on the great save!

The last card does look like you! It's awesome!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Allison, the "tat" save is pure genius!! Plus, it just plain old looks fantastic! Your tag is awesome and I am loving the pilfered gold doilies from mom ;D A great take on the challenge!
jheuser69 said…
Great job on the card Alison, very sparkly!
Daniella said…
Really? Come on!! The dimension and the coloring are incredible!! I can't believe how rad this is!!! WOWZA!!!
Keely Livings said…
Such a fabulous card! Love that image and gorgeous gold!
Another awesome card! I love how you used the gold doilies. At first they look like gears to me.
I love how you used your mistake to make it even better. I would have thrown it away and tried again.
Thanks for always sharing your awesome ideas.
This is awesome !!!! the colouring is amazing and the doilys look FAB xxxx
KC said…
I love her! such a cute card...

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...