Skip to main content

Intergalactic Sugar Skull

Greetings! Today I'm sharing a card with what may be my favorite Sparkle Blend from the April 2018 release. It's called Intergalactic, and its filled with teals, purples, blues, and hot pinks. Some of my favorite colors! It's got regular sequins, stars, opalescent gems, tiny beads, and lots of other bits that you'll love looking at. I decided to make a shaker out of one of my all-time favorite Sugar Skulls. It's from Dilly Beans and if you've been a long-time follower of mine, you may recognize it. I thought the eyes would make great shakers.

If you'll notice, the right eye is right at the edge of the drawing, so I opted to cut a border around it so that I had room to apply my foam to close the shaker correctly. I kept the edge wavy to work with the wavy edge of the digi. I colored the image with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I chose colors that matched very close to those in the Shaker Blend.

For my card background, I used Rose Bud Fireworks! Spray and Tuxedo Black irRESISTables spray for some added dimension and shine. I also used some corrugated turquoise colored cardstock, which I tore on top. I also used a sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set called CZ Designs Simple Sentiments No. 1. I love that set because it has a lot of funny and sometimes snarky phrases. 


The Intergalactic Sparkle Blend is a real beauty. The colors are so bold and I love the varying mix of round sequins, stars, crystals, and beads. Remember, you can only get Sparkle Blends at White Rose Crafts LLC, and each blend is Limited Edition. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Katie said…
This is awesome

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...