Skip to main content

Paris Bonjour

Bonjour! Have you seen the new Parisian themed stamps from Stampendous? The team and I will be featuring them all week, so I hope you'll check in frequently. Today, my card features the Paris Bonjour stamp set (and it's accompanying free stencil!). The full instructions are below.

Supplies:
Stampendous:
CRS5105: Paris Bonjour
DCS5105: Paris Bonjour Die Cuts
SSC1282: Big Words Happy
MPW811: Mixed Media Paper
FREG050: Ice Pink Embossing Enamel
DWNHB-12: 1/2" Stencil Brush

Other:
Imagine: Delicata Ink in Rose Gold, VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne, VersaMark Ink
My Colors Cardstock: Grasshopper
Scrapbook Adhesives: E-Z Runner


Directions:
1. On a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Mixed Media Paper, stencil the fleur de lis stencil with Rose Gold Delicata ink and a stencil brush. Use a circular motion to apply the ink.

2. Cut an angled piece off of the bottom of the stenciled paper. Save the removed piece for another card.

3. Create the card base out of Grasshopper cardstock, cut to the size of 4 1/4" x 11."

4. On another piece of Mixed Media Paper, stamp the Eiffel Tower with Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink.

5. Die cut the Eiffel Tower with the coordinating die.

6. Place the stenciled layer and the Eiffel Tower on to the card base to determine where your sentiment will go. A stamp positioner is helpful for this, but not required.

7. Stamp the sentiment (from the Big Words Happy set) with VersaMark ink.

8. Sprinkle Ice Pink embossing powder on to the sentiment and heat set.

9. Adhere the stenciled layer and the Eiffel Tower to the card base.

This was a pretty quick card to pull together. I wish you could see the stunning shine from the Rose Gold Delicata ink and the Ice Pink Embossing Enamel in real life. Please be sure to visit the Stampendous Blog to see more lovely Parisian projects. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jean said…
So very fun! Lvoe this card!
sharon g said…
I like the formal look of this. The colors are very nice, too. good job.
Viki Banaszak said…
What a great card! I love the colors that you used!
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful card! Love the color combo!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the fleur de lies with
the Eiffel Tower. I live
across the river from St. Louis,
MO, and it's origins are French
so the fleur de lies is one of
their symbols. Great card.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com
Illinois
Sue said…
Lovely card, the stenciled background is so pretty.
Becca Yahrling said…
Oh, I can see the shine! It's beautiful. I've always been a fan of the fleur de lis. And I do hope to see the Eiffel Tower one day ...
Iris said…
Lovely card - the Eiffel tower stamp is gorgeous.
Sue D said…
Very pretty. I like the stenciled background.
D.Ann C said…
I love the rose gold background and matching embossing! Ooh-la-la!
Janis said…
I forgot that Stampendous stamp sets come with a stencil. The fleur de lis background looks fabulous!!! Beautiful work.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

February Smeared & Smudged Sketch Challenge

The new Smeared & Smudged challenges are up and ready for you to participate in! I got instantly inspired by Kelli’s card sketch for the month, as I have been working with different ideas for my next “Tarot Card.” Haha! That’s actually pretty funny! If you’ve been checking in over the past couple of weeks, you may have seen my Misty Benson Tarot Set 1 ( Smeared Ink ) cards. I’ve used The World and The Fool so far. Today, I bring you Death. Don’t worry…it’s actually a joyful image…one that I intend to use a lot! First, here’s the sketch. I flipped it and changed the ribbon and embellishment a bit. Can I just start off by saying that it is quite nerve wracking to slice your image??? I have done it a few times in the past, but I always get butterflies when I attempt it again. I colored the image and the card itself using nothing but Distress Inks and my Cut-n-Dry Nibs. My skull button at the top has been colored with Alcohol Inks.   The colors look a little off to m

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Two Huge Valentine’s Day Hops!

I am in not one, but two Valentine’s Day hops! Not bad for someone that doesn’t even like Valentine’s Day… The first is via Smeared & Smudged . It’s time for our monthly Member Blog Hop! The second was started by Taylor Usry . Please bear with me…this post is long because I am sharing 2 projects and the hop lists are huge. Let’s stat with Smeared & Smudged, shall we? My dear friend Alex and I collaborated on the theme for this month’s S&S Member Hop. Instead of making it a free-for –all, we decided to challenge our members a little…create something Valentine’s Day / love themed, but there is a catch.  Because we are Smeared and Smudged you can not use any of the following: No hearts No red or pink Nothing ‘cute’ unless you make it uncute of course :) Ok, so it’s not dark and scary…but it’s definitely not cute either. I used my colored pencils for the focal image.  It’s from Smeared Ink’s Smitten collection. The “pretty fly” is from the teir teen Style Sa