Skip to main content

Fleur de Lis Hello

Hello! This week, the Stampendous team is sharing projects featuring some of the new Parisian themed stamps and dies. Before I get to my card, I wanted to let you know that I am participating in the very first Doodles Paper Playground Blog Hop, and i would love it if you could check out my other post HERE. I promise, it's worth it! On to Stampendous... For my project, I decided to work with the Fleur de Lis die that is in the Paris Bonjour die set. There is no accompanying stamp for it, so I decided to use alcohol inks to create interesting patterns for my die cuts. Also, I really wanted to use the new "hello" stamp, and have it look as though it had been die cut. I simply traced the full stamp on to my piece of vellum and fussy cut it out. Now it looks like it has been die cut! My full instructions are below.

Supplies:
Stampendous:
DCS5105: Paris Bonjour Die Cut Set
SSC1283: Big Words Thanks
DCP1006: Fitted Frames Set B

Other:
My Colors Cardstock: Sky
Bo Bunny: 12BV807- Blueberry Vintage Double Dot Cardstock
Ranger: Alcohol Ink in Eggplant, Stonewashed, Sailboat Blue. Ink Blending Tool
Imagine: StazOn Ink in Royal Purple, On Point Glue
HP Glossy Photo Paper
Scrapbook Adhesives: E-Z Runner
Vellum
Lavender Cardstock

Directions:
1. Apply a few drops of each alcohol ink to a piece of foam/felt on an Ink Blending Tool.

2. On a piece of Glossy Photo Paper, apply alcohol inks using a tapping or swirling motion. Do not over blend.

3. After the paper has dried, die cut 4 Fleur de Lis.

4. Die cut a piece of lavender cardstock using the Large "P" Fitted Frame.

5. Create the card base out of Sky Cardstock, cut to 4 1/4" x 11."

6. Cut a mat out of Blueberry Vintage cardstock (I used the Double Dot side), cut to 3 3/4" x 5 1/4."

7. On a piece of vellum, stamp the "Hello" with Royal Purple Staz On.

8. After the ink has dried on the sentiment, place the (uninked) stamp back on top of the image.

9. Trace around the stamp itself with a pencil. This will give you a nice border.

10. Fussy cut around the traced line.

11. Glue all layers, except the vellum, with the E-Z Runner.

12. Adhere the vellum sentiment with On Point Glue. Try to only add adhesive where the stamped image is, to prevent the glue from showing.

I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects you've seen this week. If you've missed any days, please be sure to head over to the Stampendous Blog to see more. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jean said…
This is so pretty!
D.Ann C said…
Such pretty alcohol ink colors! I love how you wrapped the flourish of the o around the fleur de lis!!
Janis said…
Clever way to mimic a die cut for your sentiment!! This is just gorgeous with the inky fleur de lis-es. lol... I don't know how to make things plural in French!! Maybe it is fleurs de lis. :) Beautiful card.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
sharon g said…
Very pretty. I love the Irises. :)
Becca Yahrling said…
Such a fun technique turned into a pretty card.
Love it!
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful colors on your pretty card! Love the fleur de lis die cuts!
Viki Banaszak said…
What a cool card! TFS
Sue D said…
Very pretty. I like the use of alcohol inks.
Sue in Ohio
Mary Holshouser said…
The fleur de lis is also a symbol
of St. Louis, MO. We don't have
the Eiffel Tower but it will still
feature on our greeting cards.
The card is great.
thanks for sharing
Illinois
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...