Skip to main content

I Wheelie Like You Shaker

Greetings! Today I have a shaker card to share with one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, and this particular one is called Flaming Sunset.

I really think this mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn is super adorable, and I thought that the wheel would make a fun shaker. I started off by stamping the wheel with Nocturne VersaFine Clair Ink from Imagine. I also stamped 3 hamsters on a separate piece of paper. I used 2 shades of gray Zig Clean Color markers to color in the wheel, and then using an X-Acto knife, I cut out the interior of the wheel. I also colored and die cut the hamsters.

I wanted to repeat the sentiment several times using a gradation of colors, so I pulled out my Kaleidacolor inks, also from Imagine, and decided that the Cappuccino set was going to look the best with the Flaming Sunset Sparkle Blend. I placed with sentiment into my Stamp Platform and inked it with the lightest color. Then I moved my cardstock up about 1/2" and stamped the next shade. The Kaleidacolor ink pads make it easy because of the fabulous colors. I continued this until I used all 5 colors. Then I created the actual shaker with acetate and a foam sheet.

I assembled my card on to a brown base and attached my hamsters. They are just so cute! And I think the Cappuccino ink colors worked really well with the reds, oranges and yellows of the Sparkle Blend. I can't wait to share the other new Sparkle Blends with you! They are all beautiful, and the colors are delightful. You can check them all out at White Rose Crafts LLC. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...