Skip to main content

Pearls or Beads with ADfD

Hello! It's my second post today. That hasn't happened in a while, so please be sure to scroll down to my following post to see what I did with 2 pieces of PVC. But first, let me show you 2 projects I made for A Day for Daisies. The theme for the next 2 weeks is to "Add Pearls or Beads." One of my projects should have been up last week, but my little girl was sick, so I didn't have time to finish it for last Friday. So, that one doesn't have pearls or beads.

I colored this lovely mermaid (named Vintage Pink Lingerie) with my Tombow markers. And I created her background with a few different sprays and my Small Scales stencil from Stampendous.

I also added a sentiment from Stampendous, and lots of fabulous Burgundy glitter at the bottom of the tag. The ribbon is from May Arts.

Now, for my next project I was inspired by the negative print that I made with my stencil. I had already colored the mermaid, and I thought she'd look great with it.

I made a bookmark! I tore the stencil print in half and applied it to cardstock that I backed with cardboard. I spritzed some irRESISTables on it for shine and dimension, then sprinkled Burgundy glitter on top.

My sentiment is from the same set (called Wild Sayings) as the one that I used on the tag.

It was fun to coordinate these to projects together. I loved using these Mermaids! Please be sure to visit the A Day for Daisies blog to see even more fantastic projects! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Mimi said…
Oh man, love these mermaids! And how perfect with the scale stencil!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...