Skip to main content

Umbrella Ride with House Mouse


Hello! Are you enjoying all of the fabulous House Mouse and Friends posts that have been going up this week? What wonderful, happy projects! For full details on the hop, plus the fabulous prizes that are up for grabs, please visit the House Mouse & Friends blog.

Directions:
1. Stamp Umbrella Ride House Mouse with Versafine ink in Onyx Black. Color with Tombow Dual Brush Markers as listed above. Fussy cut. 
2. Die cut Winter Lake cardstock from My Colors with the 4 1/2" x 3" Fitted Frame. Take the Picasso tool and place it near the top of the die cut. Apply a small amount of acrylic paint to your stencil brush, and rub off excess on to a paper towel. In a circular motion, apply the paint to the cloud portion of the stencil to the die cut. Move the tool around the entire die cut to complete the cloud background. 
3. Die cut the 1 1/2" x 1" Fitted Frame in Loveable cardstock. Stamp with sentiment from the Spring Sentiments set and emboss with Detail Black embossing powder. Edge the die cut with Versamark and emboss with Sparkle Blue from the Spring Sparkle Embossing Kit. 
4. For the card base, cut Pollen from Bazzil to 5 1/2" x 8" and fold in half. Tape Quatrefoil stencil to the card base, and with a sponge dauber, apply Dandelion Memento Ink to the outer edges of the card. You don't need to do the center because the large Fitted Frame will be there. Work quicky so that the ink doesn't dry completely, and apply Clear Lemon from the Summer Shine Kit. You do not need to have full coverage.
5. Attach all pieces except for the House Mouse with a flat adhesive. Use foam tape from Tombow to attach the mouse. 



Supplies:
Stampendous:
HMV30: Umbrella Ride

Other:
Tombow Dual Brush Markers: Umbrella- 977, 992, 723, 703, 743 Mouse- 850, 990, 800, N89, N79, N57
Cardstock: My Colors and Bazzill Basics
Deco Art White Acrylic Paint
Imagine Crafts: Sponge Dauber, Memento Ink





Alison Heikkila (that's me!)

Enter your project in the House Mouse & Friends Challenge in their InLinkz tool HERE. 

Comments

Sabrina said…
Such a cute card!!! I love your clouds!!
Viki Banaszak said…
I love your fussy cutting! What an awesome scene.
Stampendous said…
Monica is having a great time up in those fun puffy clouds. This is such a great card and WOW your House-Mouse image is spot on accurately cut. Great job, thank you for sharing your creativity with us today!
Janis said…
What a happy and adorable scene you've made for the little flyer!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...