Skip to main content

Embossing Techniques: Letter "H"

Hello! This week, the Stampendous Design Team decided to revisit the fantastic book that Stampendous owner Fran Seiford has written, called Embossing Techniques from A-Z. This book has so many awesome ideas, we needed to share some more with you. I decided to do letter "H" this time around.


I used the Tiny House Wagon stamp, along with the Growing Tree stamp. I'm not going to tell you what I did though....you need to get Fran's book for that! But I will show you a close up. ;)

I added some lace to the edge, and I inked it with some VersaFine ink from Imagine Crafts.

My background was done with a mess of different sprays, and then I inked the Quatrefoil Stencil on top by using a sponge dauber and Bronze Burst Delicata ink. It's subtle, but you can see it in the above photo. I also addeda button and some pretty olive green May Arts ribbon. Below are all of the ladies posting projects today. Please be sure to visit them all. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Pam Hornschu (DW and Embossing)
Alison Heikkila (DW and Embossing)- that's me! 
Lea Fritts (DW and Embossing)
Laura Drahozal (DW and Embossing)

Comments

Your background is delicious! All that beautiful embossing just makes my heart go boom boom boom! A very pretty card that would be great for a guy too! TFS!
Stampendous said…
Wow! I love that camper scene and your 'messy' background is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing today!
Viki Banaszak said…
I LOVE this card!I have been checking out all the tiny houses on you tube lately and this is so wonderful! I love the technique you used on it and that background is awesome.
Karen P said…
Beautiful! I've been watching Leonie on Hochanda Craft Channel raving and loving all the techniques in Fran's book. I absolutely love your card background, I know what you did on the image as I've been crafting for quite a while now, lol, but that background is awesome Karen x

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...