Skip to main content

Day 27 of 31: Owl be Watching

Hello! It's Day 27 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. I have another Stampendous card to share with you today that is going along with the theme for this week, "All About the Dead." I used the Tombstone Owl for this card.


I colored this fabulous image with my Tombow watercolor markers. The card itself is Kraft cardstock, and I embossed NK Studio's Wired image with    embossing powder.

I love the mix of colors in this powder. It looks complicated, but it's only only one bottle of powder that has been used.

I stapled the image to the card for a little more metallic and texture. I kept it simple because the background is sort of busy, and because the image itself is so striking. Be sure to visit the rest of my Stampendous teamies that are featuring projects today. And don't forget about the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a creeptastic day!

Comments

TracyM #6773 said…
BOO-tiful card Alison :)
LOVE your background, the texture and colour is perfect for your SPOOKY owl panel!!!
Thank You for sharing.
Tracy from Victoria, Australia
jcobb said…
Wow, what an awesome card! Great job!
DonnaMundinger said…
WOW! Love the effect of the embossing powder! Great background and that stamp is fabulous! xxD
Gloria said…
A huge fan of owls, great card. Love the soft coloring of images. Thanks for sharing.
Jean said…
THis is gorgeous! Love it!
valscraftings said…
Love the owl and textured backgrounds!
LOVE this texture filled beauty! I am really liking the neutral colors for it!! TFS!
Viki Banaszak said…
I love the background you created on this card. It looks awesome. Your coloring on your scene is perfect. That owl looks so real. Viki in Kansas
Stampendous said…
WHHOOOT-hoot! Wonderful texture and coloring on this owly card. Thank you for sharing today!
Stampendous said…
ADORE this! That background is amazing and love the coloring on the owl. Thank you for sharing today!
LOVE this wise owl! Perfect for the season!
Take care!
Michele
Unknown said…
Fantastic card! Love the colors and texture of the embossing in the background.
Anonymous said…
Super background for your card ! Love the coloring ! Thanks for the inspiration !
Sari / Granne said…
Fabulous image and love the texture of the background
cghundley said…
Great looking card
and Owls rule!
Carla from Utah
So wicked cool, love that image and the cool background!
Denise Bryant said…
Love the subtle colors and the awesome owl stamp! Great card!
Mary Holshouser said…
Owl be watching too.
this is great.
thanks for sharing.
Tami said…
Love that textured background and love the owl image!! Great job!!
Judy said…
Love the owl stamp. Great texture on the card with the embossing and powder. Thanks for sharing.
Susan Renshaw said…
Fabulous Tombstone Owl image! Great make today Alison!
Katia said…
your color combo is so beautiful!!!
Sue D said…
Very cool image and I like the embossed background.
Sue in Ohio
Bunny said…
It reminds me of walking in the night when we were kids and an owl would hoot. Very spooky. Great card.
Shari said…
Wonderful card. I love that embossing powder!
I love the embossing powder effect and the image is great!Beautiful!
I love owls and this is a beauty. Love your card today.
Carol said…
Great card - love the colouring/colours x
McStamper said…
Love your card. The background is great.
Laura S Reading said…
Great Stampendous image. The owl's coloring looks very realistic. Love the metal framing.
Unknown said…
Your card is fantastic!
Fantastic coloring. This is a great image. TFS

Teresa in California

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...