Skip to main content

Day 16 of 31: Dancing Pumpkinhead with ADfD

Hello again! For today's Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween post today, I have a new card featuring an A Day for Daisies. For the next 2 Fridays, we will be featuring the Pumpkinhead images. Take a look.

I used Dancing Pumpkinhead 2 for today's card. I used the Indirect Blending technique for coloring my image. You can check out instructions on how to do this technique HERE. I also inked my paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

She is a happy little pumpkin, huh? I used some fun DCWV paper , a button from Buttons Galore, and a wee bit of ribbon from May Arts.

I mounted everything on to a kraft colored card base, and I inked the edges in black. Please be sure to visit the A Day for Daisies Blog to see what the rest of my teammates created this week. And don't forget about all of the wonderful Wicked Bloggers, listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fangtastic day! 

Comments

Carol said…
Fab project - love your colouring x
My Side of Oz said…
Cutie pumpkin head :) xx
DonnaMundinger said…
So sweet and happy! Great coloring and DP's. xxD
Unknown said…
A dancing pumpkin lady How Fun!
Gloria said…
Cute card. Thanks for sharing.
Sari / Granne said…
Haven't seen that image before so cute and a bit spooky, loving how perfect your papers go with your coloring.
Well isn't she the cutest pumpkin head you ever did see!
This is so cute. I just love her. Beautiful coloring and layout.Love the papers.you are very talented sweet friend and loving all I have seen on your blog.
valscraftings said…
Such a cute image, love the card!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love that ADFD image! Great colour choices for this card!
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the dancing pumpkin lady.
the coloring is great.
The layering is pretty.
thanks for sharing.
Unknown said…
Love those ADFD images! Such a cute little pumpkinhead!
Lyneen said…
Great card! That pumpkinhead is darling... Love your coloring! Perfect pattern papers layered. Thanks for sharing!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...