Skip to main content

Trick or Treat Bag: Day 15 of 31 Days

Hello! It's Wednesday, so I have a new Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge to share with you. The theme this week is Halloween, perfect for the 15th day of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. We are sponsored by QKR Stampede.

I used the Trick or Treat Bag, and I colored it with watercolor markers. I then embossed the "sweet" candy corns with an embossing folder on Core'dinations cardstock and sanded it down a bit to highlight the candy.

Super quick! I needed a quickie today...I thought for sure that this year, since both of my kidlings are in school full time, that I would have plenty of time to myself, but boy was I wrong. Anywho, be sure to stop by the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular day!

Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
Yup! It's a whole new ball game with 2 in school. LOL You're doing a great job though, Alison! Love the embossing and adorable treat bag. Fab ATC. xxD
maureenjscott said…
Awesome ATC! I love the candy corn embossing and fabulous image and colouring! great! x
Laura S Reading said…
I do love that candy corn background. The sandable Core'dinations are a great product.

Wonderful coloring.
I was hearing on the tv news this morning that adult coloring has therapeutic benefits.
TangledBlueRose said…
Love the candy corn background, the paper looks awesome, have to try it! Love the colors and coloring on your image! Beautiful card!
~kim
"Sweet" ATC. Love the embossing.
My Side of Oz said…
The shading on the bag makes it look so real! Lovely coloring! Fab background!!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love your ATC! Pretty awesome for 'a quickie'!
Unknown said…
Lovely ATC! Love that embossed and sanded background!
Spooktacularly cute card, love those embossed candy corns which make your treat bag pop.
Julia said…
Fab embossed background, love the image.
Unknown said…
The candy corn embossing folder is perfect.
Steph said…
Fab ATC! Love the embossed and sanded background.
Christine Kiehl said…
Love the corny ATC and blog post! Hopefully the kidlings allow for some quite time for you to craft sooner or later!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...