Skip to main content

Skull Charm: Day 29 of 31 Days of Halloween

Ack! It is SO close to the end! Today is Day 29 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. Today I have a super quick pendant that I made, using one of the Tim Holtz stamps that I won from last year's 31 Days. I used this image once before this month, but it's so cool that I just had to use it again.

Here's a photo of the stamp on my block, and the charm next to it. Yup...I used Shrinky Dinks! I LOVE using them, and it's been a couple of months since I have, so I thought this was a good time to break them out.

Keep in mind, that since this stamp has writing, I'll only be able to wear it with the matte side showing. I like the look, though I prefer the glossy side. If you make these yourself, try to avoid using an image with writing. I stamped the image with Staz-On, and I used just 2 colored pencils. Super quick. Just for fun, here's how cool the glossy side is....it didn't flatten out perfectly, but I'm totally col with that.

Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular day!

Comments

Laura S Reading said…
This image does make a good choice for jewelry items. Could make a pin for males that don't like to wear chains.
valscraftings said…
Great shrink pendant!
DonnaMundinger said…
OOOh, that stamp looks great as a shrinky! I kinda like the matte side. Gonna have to try this. xxD
TangledBlueRose said…
Love shrinky plastic and this image is wonderful for it. Love the simple color, awesome!
~kim
Wicked cool little charm, shrink plastic is just loads of fun!
Unknown said…
I think both sides are awesome! I NEED to get me some Shrinky Dinks to play with--haven't done that since I was a kid!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this stamp! You have made a great charm with it!!
Susan Renshaw said…
Love this stamp! You have made a great charm with it!!
My Side of Oz said…
Shrinky dinks is one of my fav things in the world! Love both sides of this....and the little bumpy spot fits in to out theme so well! Love it!!
Unknown said…
I am totally excited at how many other people favor the shrinky dink too.
Julia said…
Awesome pendant, I love using Shrinky Dinks, also
Steph said…
Great pendant, love the image too. I really need to find my shrinky dink supplies, this pendant is so fun!
Christine Kiehl said…
I love the shrinky dinks too! Also a Tim lover as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...