Skip to main content

Day 9 of 31: Bombshell's October Sketch

Hello All! Welcome to Day #9 of the Smeared & Smudged 31 Days of Halloween. Today I am bringing you a card using the October Bombshell Stamps sketch.

Let me start off by mentioning that I hate photographing purple. It never, ever looks right. And If you have visited my blog before, you will know that
a.) purple is one of my favorite colors and I love to work with it
b.) I always get pissed off when I try to photograph it
So of course, it doesn't look...well...purple-y enough for me again. For those of you with Spectrum Noir markers, I used the LV's for this...so you can have an idea as to how this is supposed to look.

Ugh.I really cannot deal with the purple issue! Anywho. I used the Madonna Woodcut and one of the skulls from the Sugar Skulls set. And of course both are from Bombshell Stamps. This month, the Spectrum Noir blog, the challenge is to use the color orange. Done! And the color photographed well! So I will be entering this into their challenge.


If you would like to see the original sketch and more awesome projects featuring it, please visit the Bombshell Blog. And of course, be sure to stop by and say hello to all of the Wicked Bloggers, listed in my sidebar. I have got to mention that I am really sorry that I can't leave all of you some love each and every day. I wish that I could. Please know that I do swing by, and I love everything that I have been seeing. Thanks for stopping by my little blog! Have a fang-tastic day!

***Many of you asked about what the drippy punch was from yesterday's post. I apologize for not mentioning the deets on it. It's from the devil herself, Martha Stewart, and it's aptly named, the Drippy Goo punch. It is a favorite of mine. Thanks for all of your awesome feedback!


Comments

DonnaMundinger said…
Gorgeous, Alison! Love the vibrant colors. I have the same rouble with photographing purple. Such a PITA, but yours looks fab to me. xxD
Matney said…
That and the flash also looses the true quality of the piece. Gorgeous lady, beautiful coat, and love that image. Heart candle is awesome. Bright and great layout.
Laura S Reading said…
We all understand how much it takes to post every day,not to add in things you are making!
In fact I even forgot today is Wednesday and I don't have a post ready for my once a week contribution!
You did a wonderful job photographing.
ldfdesign said…
Oh wow! Love all the colors! It looks purple-y to me. That is a great stamp!
Emily Thubbron said…
I understand your frustration. Purple never photgraphs well for me either. I love your coloring though. You did a great job with this image.
WOW, such a beautiful and vibrant card, love the colours you used with such a great image!
Sharon Sahl said…
Well regardless of the purple issue (I personally think it looks fine)this is a fabulous project - bright and colorful and wholly in the spirit of Day of the Dead!
Sharon Sahl said…
Alison, if this is my second time commenting just ignore it. So spacey today I don't know if I did it already! Your project today is lovely and so representative of what I think DOD should be - bright and cheerful colors and southwestern imagery!
Wendy said…
Oh my gosh...love this sugar skull stamp. Great coloring (purple included) lol! Great composition and embellies!
KC said…
this is awesome! so bright and beautiful! and for the record I think the purple is awesome!
CarlaKH said…
so cool....the purple is hard to photograph... I have the same problem. That and navy is hard for me too! Great image fabulously colored!
Steph said…
Beautiful card, love the bold colors. Looks like you had no problems with the purple this time, but I know what you mean about the purple. I have the same problems and it doesn't help that the light in my house is super crappy.
maureenjscott said…
I have the same problems with purple!!! Love it but hate the photos! lol Love your card though! this is gorgeous! mo x
Loving this!!! Love the bright colors!!! I never think to do her bright!!! awesomesauce!!
Lyneen said…
Awesome sugar skull... love your colors... perfect for the image!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...