Skip to main content

Day 15 of 31- Just Some Lines with DICC

Hey there! It's is the 15th of the month, (Yikes! How can that be already?!) so if you are a regular follower of my blog, you will know that this is one of 2 days in the month that the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge posts our challenges. For these challenges, we give you a 10 item itinerary. To play along, you need to use at least 3 items on the given itinerary on your project. Here's the itinerary for this round...and we are sponsored by Just Some Lines. Here's the itinerary.
1. Witches/Broomsticks
2. Black Cats
3. Cauldrons
4. Use Stripes
5. Sentiment on Front
6. Lots of black
7. Glitter and Sparkle
8. At least 2 ribbons
9. Use Kraft Cardstock/Paper
10. Die Cuts or Punches

I used #'s 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 10. Isn't this a cute image? I've gotta say, it's cuter than I typically use, but I like it! 

I used my Spectrum Noir markers to color this image. My sentiment is from Cosmo Cricket.

I kept this pretty clean and simple, and just used some scraps to finish the piece off. Oh, and some fabby Orange Peel Stickles. I love the little flashes of green that this color has. So that's about it for today! Please visit the DICC Blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with. And of course, there's the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my sidebar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a skulla-riffic day! ;)


***Maureen, yes, I use the Cut-N-Dry nibs like a pen. I swirl the ink colors on to the nib and then apply it to the paper. A simple rinse of water cleans them off. Love those little nibs!

Comments

Anonymous said…
haha, what a cute image - like it so much as well as the vivid colors - lovely card!
hugs serafeena
DonnaMundinger said…
Adorable image and sweet little layout. xxD
Rick said…
That wash day image is SOOOOOOO cute wish I had thought of it!!!
ldfdesign said…
That image is so cute! Love your coloring (as always). Great job!
Emily Thubbron said…
Very cool image. Love the clothes. Great card.
Arts by Sara said…
Your card is fabulous! I wish I had more time to visit more often! I do stalk, though! LOL! I hope you are doing well! Love this image! Miss You... Hugs!!!
xfilekc said…
What a fun image, that poor cat and bat out there dripping.

Love the colors and the stickles are pretty.
Laura S Reading said…
No one can help but chuckle at your card. Great choice of images.
Brilliant card, I like the image and the papers.
Kevin xx
valscraftings said…
Love the card, washing on the line and the cat!!
Wendy said…
Super cute card Alison. That Just Some Lines clothes line stamp is crazy cute.
LOL, I adore this card! Wonderful image, that bedraggled kitty is sooooo cute!
CarlaKH said…
hehe what a great image...love the clothesline!
Steph said…
Fun card, love the image. The cat actually looks fuzzy, lol love it!
Lyneen said…
WOW! this is really really cute... I love the witches laundry!!!!! TOOO MUCH FUN!
maureenjscott said…
What a beautiful card! I love the colours and that's a fab image! Will hae to check out the DICC challenge - looks very interesting! mo x
Matney said…
That image says it all! Love the bat and cat got a quick wash as well. Wonderful card!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...