Skip to main content

Day 14 of 31: Bombshell Skull Tag

Happy (?) Monday! I hope you are all faring well. Today I have a quickie post to go along with my quickie tag. I chose to work with the largest image from Bombshell Stamps' Sugar Skulls set.

I started off by stamping my image with Versa Craft. I should have used Staz On though, as it would have dried quicker...as I was rather impatient when I made this. ;) Then, I simply colored the whole thing with Distress Inks. I started with Mustard Seed, then Ripe Persimmon, and last was Seedless Grapes. I applied all of these with a cosmetic sponge. I have a sponge for each Distress Ink I own, to avoid mixing the colors.

Before I continue...I have no idea why but I couldn't get my second photo to "Bump." I took my pics with my phone, because the camera is freaking siiiiick on it (Samsung Galaxy s4), but I couldn't Bump my pic to my computer. Have you ever used that app? It''s awesome, and has never given me a problem until today. Oh well. This pic shows off what I have done well enough.

Anywho...After I sponged the background, I went in with Cut 'n Dry Nibs (from Ranger) and applied the color to my flowers and falling petals. Last, I broke out the Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and colored in the skulls. Super simple, super fast. Took me about 10 minutes. And I needed a fast one, 'cause so many of my other projects take me so long. Which is fine, but I was outta time when I made this! :) Well, I have gone on long enough. Please be sure to check out the rest of the Wicked Bloggers' amazing creations, all listed in my sidebar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

ldfdesign said…
Love how you left it white around the image. It really makes the image pop. I'm always amazed with your shading, like the skulls.
Anonymous said…
what a nice tag! perfect fall colors and the skulls with flowers are so lovely!
hugs serafeena
Laura S Reading said…
This does not have the look of a fast and simple process project.

You are inspiring me to add to my collection of supplies.
In my defense, most of my stamps would be considered vintage. I need to update.
Lyneen said…
Your 10 minute tag is AMAZING!!!! Love all the colors you used... the skulls really pop on your tag!!!
valscraftings said…
Wonderful tag...love the Fall/Autumn colours and the fibre, lovely warm feel!!
I love this tag! Gorgeous colours with a gorgeous image!
Matney said…
Tag turned out great. Love the gradient of colors on the frame and awesome stamps!
maureenjscott said…
This is beautiful! When you talk about the cut n dry nibs - do you use them like a pen? Like pick up the colour from the ink pad and colour in with it? Anyways, it's a gorgeous tag! love it mo x
Emily Thubbron said…
Your shading is fantastic. Love those sugar skulls. I really like the white border around the skulls.
DonnaMundinger said…
Fabuous sponging, Alison! Such a happy tag. xxD
Wendy said…
Great tag Alison. Love the depth you achieved with the sponging. Love that skull stack stamp that you used!
CarlaKH said…
one of my faves along the hop so far...love the colors, the image and the shading2
Steph said…
Beautiful tag, I love the colors and the ribbon matches wonderfully.
Sharon Sahl said…
Really pretty shading of the colors and I love those grinning skulls!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...