Skip to main content

Day 27 of 31: Hexology with Rick St. Dennis

Hello! Welcome to the last Sunday of the month. I have a new piece featuring one of my favorite Rick St. Dennis images that I own. It's called Hexology. I printed it really large (the finished piece is almost 7 inches wide!), so that it would be more of an art piece. All I need now is a frame. But enough chit chat...check out this stunning image.

I looooooved coloring this. I used alcohol markers to color the image, and watercolor paints for the background. My husband was watching me color, and he couldn't believe how I kind of brought it to life. I was proud. :)

The jar with the eyeballs is a bit washed out in my photos. It's got a bit of a turquoise glow to it, and the eyeballs are cream in color. But the rest of it is fairly true to what it looks like in real life.

I really love the detail in this image. I have always said that whatever Rick does with skulls is amazing. You can click on any of my photos to see it bigger. Now I just need a frame! Not sure if I am going to leave it out only for Halloween....I may keep it out all year. Do you have Halloween decorations that are up all year? I do. This may get added to that collection. Please be sure to visit the rest of the Wicked Bloggers, all listed in my side bar. Thanks for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!

Comments

Laura S Reading said…
This deserves to be out much longer than the month of October.
I have seen this image done smaller and it has a great feel in a larger art piece.
DonnaMundinger said…
you should be pround and yes, I'd certainly keep this out all year. It's gorgeous, Alison! xxD
KristyLee said…
Love your coloring and love that image! Great job my friend!
Peace,
Kristy
Emily Thubbron said…
You are definitely a magician with your coloring. It sure feels good when your spouse comments on your projects. I would keep this out all year round for sure.
xfilekc said…
Awesome colouring. I would definitely frame it and have it up all year.
CarlaKH said…
I definitely would display this one all year..its truly amazingly gorgeous!
ldfdesign said…
Oh you should leave this out all year long! Marvelous coloring and shading! You did such an amazing job!
Wicked cool creation, great colouring for great images!
Wendy said…
OMG...wonderful coloring of that great Rick St. Dennis stamp. Your shading is realistic. Fantastic work!
Lyneen said…
Yes this image is full of awesome details... i love how you colored and shaded the image... this is an AWESOME CARD!!!!!
WhoMom said…
Love this image and the turquoise was a perfect touch for the bottle of eyeballs. The skull is colored to perfection!
Thanks for sharing.
Steph said…
Beautiful coloring! What an amazing image and you definitely brought it to life!
I do have a couple of little skeletons that I keep out year round :)
maureenjscott said…
Amazing colouring! This is a fabulous image right enough and I can agree with your hubby, you have brought it to life! Beautiful!! mo x
Matney said…
Everything is sooo well done. that ink jar could be real. Love your coloring skills on this and each image is 'art' on it's own. Gorgeous piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...