Skip to main content

Day 8 of 12 Days, and a New DICC

Hello! It's the 15th, so that means it's time for a new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge, plus it's Day 8 of the Smeared & Smudged 12 Days of Creepmas. I came up with the itinerary this time around and we are sponsored by Stitchy Bear. Remember  if you decide to play, you must use at least 3 things off of the itinerary.
1. Winter Holiday
2. Silver & Gold
3. Magical Creatures
4. Glitter
5. 3 or more Patterned Papers
6. Handmade Embellishment
7. Make it a Gift
8. Chalk
9. Bells
10. Non-Craft Item
Here's what I came up with.

I used numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for my card. I love all things fairy, so I knew I had to work with her!

I used Spectrum Noir markers and Copics to color this Christmas fairy in. Plus, I used two colors of Stickles on her wings. Not sure if you can tell, but the white oval she is mounted on is shimmery and has a really cool brushy texture to it.

My sentiment is from Inkadinkado.

I would like to take a moment to make special mention of today's date. December 15th. Today, my Rhiannon was born. She's 4 now, and I can hardly believe it. The time has flown by, and my baby girl is certainly no baby anymore. Happy Birthday, Rhiannon!!!!! I love you, Baby Girl!!!



Comments

ike said…
Gorgeous - such a pretty card :-) xx
Monique's art said…
Very pretty card. And a happy bday to rhiannon
Jenn Borjeson said…
Your card is gorgeous, as always - love the way you colored her wings and the layout of the card. :) Happy Birthday to your sweet Rhiannon, big birthday hugs and kisses to her. :) xoxoxoxoxo
CarlaKH said…
such a cute card and birthday girl!
Wendy said…
Oh your daughter is precious! I hope she had a very special fourth birthday!

Love the card you created. That Christmas fairy is just the cutest!
darling card and sweet Birthday girl happy Birthday too her.
susan s.
Diana Fernandez said…
Lovely creation! And most important happy birthday little one!!
LisaVeronica said…
beautiful card! and so cute girl :)
Steph said…
Beautiful card, what a pretty Christmas fairy too.
Birthday Wishes to Rhiannon!
DonnaMundinger said…
Awww, very sweet, both your fab card and adorable daughter. Happy birthday to her. xxD
Cutecutecute! And your daughter is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...