Skip to main content

Bombshell February Hump Day Hop! Leap into Action!

Greetings on this very rare 29th of February! Do you know anyone that has a birthday today? I knew a guy back from elementary school who does. I wonder if he’s having a big celebration. But I digress. As you probably know, the last day of every month is the Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop. And I am the lucky one that gets to pick the theme each month.
This month, since it’s a leap year, and since the hop is actually on the 29th, I decided to go with “Leap into Action!” That means that I wanted the participants to make their Bombshells into heros. There are many types of heroes. Firemen, policemen, nurses, super heroes, and advocates, just to name a few. I decided to go the super hero route with mine.

How cool super rad does my Pirate’s Life Bombshell look? Don’tcha just love her Bat Girl costume? You can snag it for yourself! My friend Anita, and fellow Bombshell fan, drew this little number up and shared it on the Bombshell forum. HERE is the link. Be sure to thank Anita for it if you download this awesome costume!

I’ve had the costume for quite a while. I was waiting for the right opportunity to use it, and by golly, this was it! I went with the classic bat girl colors, though sometimes the images I found looked more purple than blue… I used a mix of watercolor markers and Copics for her.

I had fun making the background. Cutting all of those little strips isn’t as bad as you may think. But I wanted a real dynamic quality to the card, and I think those stripes gave it just that. My “super rad” is from Bam Pop!, I just had to use it here. A few rhinestones, some “explosions,” a little bit of sparkly ink. Voila! Finished!
Now it’s time for you to leap on over to Awesome Alex’s blog. The entire hop list is below. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
Pin It

Comments

GlitteryKatie said…
LOL Oh she's super cool!!!!
Oh Alison, I love the colors, the background and the 'kapow' thingy you made! Such a creative soul you have and I LOOOOOOVE it!
Kathi said…
It's totally fabulous! She looks awesome!

BTW, it looks like two of us had the idea to use a radiating pattern!

Great minds think alike!!!
Laura B said…
Love your Batgirl Bombshell! Awesome card!:)
Anonymous said…
Nice,bright and colourful!Excellent!
Alaine said…
I love love love how you striped the background. It is so dynamic! And the cape and outfit wowzer!!!
Hey Hey Paula said…
Very cool Alison! Love the radiating pattern...very clever.
Anita Bownds said…
wow looks totally awesome Alison..!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...