Skip to main content

New DICC, Bombshell Challenge, and Scrappy Chick Sketch

Hello! There are a couple of challenges going on that I’d love for you to play along with. The first is the new Desert Islands Crafters Challenge. The second is what would typically be the GDT Challenge from Bombshell Stamps, but Glittery Kate had to fill in for our original GDT’er.  Last, but certainly not least, I used the latest Scrappy Chick Sketch.
This time the latest itinerary from DICC was created by our very own Taylor. Here it is:
Taylor's Itinerary
1. 2 or more patterned papers
2. stars
3. green
4. sparkle/bling
5. kraft
6. polka dots
7. twine
8. stitching (faux or real)
9. 2 or more die cuts
10. stickers
And this is Glittery Katie’s challenge:
“What goes through your mind when you think of love, maybe cherubs, chocolates music and whispering sweet nothings to your honey bun or perhaps something a little darker....broken hearts, tears and thoughts of sweet, sweet revenge
So here's my Valentine challenge to you this month, I want to see what's in your hearts the good AND the bad.
If you like sweet nothings- great but lets see a little bit of your dark side too!!!”

For the itinerary, I used #’s 1, 4, 5, and 6. And of course, I went with the naughtier side of Valentine’s Day!!!
Oh! And here is the link to Cyndi’s sketch. Click HERE for the sketch and deets!

I pulled out my markers once again for this card. I also used Pumice Stone Distress Inks for the edges.

I used watermark ink and then clear embossing powder for the background. I used Bombshell Stamps for the whole card of course, from the Bombshell Angel set and Man’s Ruin.
I do hope you will play along with at least one of these challenges! They were easy to combine! Please visit DICC, The Bombshell Blog, and The Scrappy Chick. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!





Pin It

Comments

Scrappychick said…
I absolutely adore this card! That litte devil (package and all, thanks Lea for the seed you planted there!) is so wickedly cute! Thanks for playing with me this week! Good luck :)
CraftyMomOf3 said…
Oh my darling this is AMAZING!!! Love LOVE how you colored this little devil!! Great background images and your polkadotted paper is fabu!!

He totally makes me giggle!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith
xo!
Jenn Borjeson said…
I absolutely LOVE this, Alison!!!
Alison- because you are one of the most amazing people I know... there is a blog award for you on my blog if you want!

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Hop and Collaboration: Day 5

Hello!  All of this week, the  Stampendous  and  Dreamweaver  teams have been playing with a mix of their products, along with some wonderful, SAND-ABLE papers from  Core'dinations . We've sanded our way to the "core" of all things Christmas and the Holiday season. ***If you are looking for my Day 17 post for the 31 Days of Halloween, please scroll down to my next post.*** Of course, there are prizes, and we are giving away the best...this time with a mix of fun  Core'dinations products as well. To be one of three prize package winners, follow the posted link lists from each day, leave comments, and winners will be selected from these comments at the beginning of next week.  I've been sharing a few car featuring the Stampendous set, Forest Friends . It's such a sweet set. I was going through my Dreamweaver Stencils, and I came across the Open X-Mas Tree . Then it came to me. Remember the part in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, when the song Silv...

Echo Park Blog Hop with Imagine

Greetings! This is my second post for the day. This one is not part of the 31 Days of Halloween, but rather a super-duper blog hop that the Artists in Residence for Imagine are doing with Echo Park . So if you're here for my Day 7 project, please check out the post HERE . But before you do that, scroll on to check out this one. There are prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out the Imagine Blog as well as the Echo Park Blogs for details. I created my background by applying Dandelion and Tangelo Memento Ink to my brayer. Then I sprayed it with Ink Potion No. 9 to help the colors blend and to act as an extender to keep the inks wet longer. After I rolled the colors out on to watercolor paper and let it dry, I stamped the lovely doily-like image from Echo Park's Simply Sweet Stamp Set with Grape Jelly Memento. I also received the super pretty Heart Doily Designer Die  which I used with a true purple cardstock. But it needed something....and in rolls the super fabul...

Deco Art and Andy Skinner Blog Hop Finale

Hello! It's time for the finale of the DecoArt and Stampendous blog hop. Have you enjoyed yourself this week? I bet you've got some new techniques that you want to try. I know I do! I am super stoked about my project for today. And it solves a dilemma that we've had in my kids' room for a while. What you see above is 2 pieces of PVC. And some fab DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics ! So, what am I doing with PVC, you ask? Well, my mom bought my son a light saber(Darth Vader's) for Christmas, and he wanted to display it, but we weren't really sure where in his room, and how. I wanted something cooler than hooks, and we thought it would be neat to have the light saber vertical, instead of horizontal. Plus, there was a fab spot for it if it hung in that direction. So, my husband came up with the PVC pip idea, and I altered the pieces. The end cap holds the base, and the small piece of pipe holds up near the end. And the 2 pieces are spaced out enough so that...